Thread: HELP NEEDED for exporting film through Premiere Pro

Default HELP NEEDED for exporting film through Premiere Pro

I am making a movie through Adobe Premiere Pro. The estimated length for how long i WANT it to be is probably 90mins or more.
    Is it possible to make it this long and what sort of blank DVD would i need to burn it onto?
    I know this is a lot to ask, but if anyone could give me some sort of step-by-step guid on how to finish this thing it would be awesomely appreciated.

I have made different bits of the film in different sequences in Premiere. How should i export them and with what settings? (i.e. do them seperately for each different bit or?) I am from Australia as well..so what settings should i use for that? (i.e go through export to file, or media encoder or? and what settings within this)
    Again - as much detail with any steps u could give me woudl be great. Its just after exporting some of them the file size seems huge, and i dont know what to do, as ive only made short films before. i have several programs i can use to burn it after ive exported it.
    will i need to cut footage out?

any help would be awesome
    thanks so much.

Well, once you have your individual sequences just open a new sequence and drop the existing sequences onto it to make a new one. I do this allthe time, nest the sequences.

90 minutes on asingle layer DVD would be pushing things. However, others might disagree with me but you could do the following. Build you 90 minute movie and export as MPEG2 ready for DVD mastering.

Build your DVD image to your HDD (unsing Encore?) and get your VIDOE_TS drectory. Check the size of it. If it fits onto a blanks disk then burn it using your s/w of choice. If it doesn't fit then download and install DVDShrink and ru it through that so that it does fit. You'll lose a little quality in video but I've never encountered enough loss to realyl notice.

Of course, if you can burn to a dual layer disk then you'll be fine.

thanks for your help

when i export it as mpeg2 through adobe media encoder in premiere pro, do i use mpeg2, or mpeg2 DVD?? and also whats the best setting to use within one of those categories?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but how do i "build the DVD image to my HDD"? i dont have encore, i dont think..so im not sure how to go about doin this.

thanks for the help so far though! tis much appreciated!

I don't use the Premier media encoder so I'm probably not the best to advice on 'best settings' there. Even then, in the the encoder I do use I tend to leave default settings.

As for not having Encore... If you want to produce a full blooded DVD of your production then you will likely need some extra s/w to produce it. Premiere does allow you to burn a bare-bones DVD of your project. I've never used this though so can't comment.

But what I meant though was that (and I use Encore) is I build a copy of hte DVD i want to vreate on my HDD. i.e. a directory called VIDEO_TS with my VOB (et al) files in it. I then prefer to use Nero to do the actual burning.

Default dvd size

ok the thing to do is set the bitrate for the mpeg2 file.
    To do this best thing is use a program called tmpenc...(Free too)

Export a small size of say 10 mins of footage to avi full frame,
    then import this into tmpenc and set a bitrate...

export as m2v and then check the filesize and quality.

i think at 3000kbps cbr/vbr you can get around 90 mins of footage to a 4.7gb dvdr

Hope this helps

Mike