Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to i make a effect like this in song vegas?

1. Default How to i make a effect like this in song vegas?

Hello if you watch this trailer below you will see this like what i call like a blinking effect. I was wondering how i could achieve a effect like this in sony vegas.

Thanks!

Simply put a space between the clips of about the size of one frame. Or you could put in a black picture. Being so short it give that "like" black flash.

Blog Entries

Looks more like a very quick "fade through black" to me.
    Tim

Seems a bit to fast for a fade to black to me but you have more experience with Vegas than I do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Seems a bit to fast for a fade to black to me but you have more experience with Vegas than I do.
    Nowt to do with that. Just lots of attempts to pause the thing whilst playing back and managing to stop on frames which are semi black
    Tim

Never even thought of doing that. Your right there is a fade in there. Can Vegas do a transition that quickly. I've never tried it. I know Pinnacle has a bit of limitation on that kind of thing.

Blog Entries

In the interests of science and art I had a little experiment.
    I overlapped two events and dropped a dissolve "fade through black" on the crossover.

Overlapping ONE frame only results in a cut. (normal frame A, followed by normal frame B)
    Overlapping TWO frames results in one black frame in between two "normal" frames (normal A, black, normal B)

Overlapping THREE frames results in normal A, semi black A, semi black B, normal B
    Overlapping FOUR frames results in normal A, semi black A, black, semi black B, normal B

Interestingly (or perhaps not so) I can't actually spot the difference between overlapping three frames as above and simply inserting a single black frame as you suggested - even though the former never goes to full black.

I had expected to see a difference. Others with keener eyesight may.
    Tim

An interesting experiment Tim. There are other issues to put into the equation. Such as the final rendering. Remember most mpeg type compression is based on looking at changes in frames and base a lot of the data from that, which will inevitably have some effect on the final render. Also frame rate, even screen refresh rate will affect how we see it.

Nice one Tim, good experiment.

I suppose having not used another NLE for any length of time, over the past 10 years, and mostly a Vegas based s/w, I tend to look at Media/Events as just continuous "graphics" with audio added . . .

So I wouldn't use splits, "transitions" at all. I'd use a Composite "Levels" adjust Envelope and tweak with HOLD or SMOOTH points thru' BLACK. This has many advantages over splits in as much it is allowing the editor to get the "feel" of the flow of the piece at the same time as being able to concentrate on the actual rapidity and sequencing of the fades and such in almost real time. Used in conjunction with the Automation settings for "Write" or "Latch" and it becomes a Bit like conducting an orchestra! By actually LISTENING and WATCHING the piece unfold, I can move/"scratch" the slider sharply or whatever, and gain a really reactive sharp or smoother fade thru' black. - For this use the tip I suggested to reduce the Preview Playback speed to something like 0.5 or 0.25 speed, and hit the M key to place a marker at JUST the right place and then use the CompoEnvel Levels.

Composite Envelopes Automation - once experienced you'll never look back AND you will find even more Vegas options that only other NLEs can only dream of.

So there you go deadbolt, I bet you didn't expect all that.

I find it fascinating how 3 people at 3 different levels of experience with Vegas have come up with 3 different solutions based on there knowledge of the program. It just goes to show how much this program can do and I think, how a lot of people (like me) are only scratching the surface of what it is capable of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast