Thread: Really need help at converting .vpj

Default Really need help at converting .vpj

Hi guys, I really need your help.. I made a video with VideoPad Project and saved it, but the program saved it as a .vpj file. Ofcourse no programme opens the file in Windows. So I am searching for a converting program for the file to get it as a normal videofile. Lots of converters tried, but can't find the converter which accepts a .vpj file...
    Does anybody know a converter which does??\
    Lots of thanks!
    Marcies

I am not familiar with that program but check this out anyway.
    When you "Save" in most editing programs you are not creating a final video file. You are saving the project, that means all the assets, cuts, additions, edits etc. All the things you wanted the program to do are saved as a small project file.

Each program will have it's own extension for a project file and for example Corel VideoStudio uses .vsp (Video Studio Project)=vsp.

Yours sounds similar so of course no other program can open it becuase it is NOT a video file.

Go back into the program and re-open the .vpj file. Then look for whatever it is in the program that allows you to create your final video. Look for things like "share" "create" "output" etc. it is these that will instruct the program to carry out all the virtual editis that are contained in the project file (.vsj).

Talking Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lancecarr View Post
    I am not familiar with that program but check this out anyway.
    When you "Save" in most editing programs you are not creating a final video file. You are saving the project, that means all the assets, cuts, additions, edits etc. All the things you wanted the program to do are saved as a small project file.

Each program will have it's own extension for a project file and for example Corel VideoStudio uses .vsp (Video Studio Project)=vsp.

Yours sounds similar so of course no other program can open it becuase it is NOT a video file.

Go back into the program and re-open the .vpj file. Then look for whatever it is in the program that allows you to create your final video. Look for things like "share" "create" "output" etc. it is these that will instruct the program to carry out all the virtual editis that are contained in the project file (.vsj).
    i have trawled the web for an hour seeking divine help.

YOU ARE A SUPERSTAR!!!! IT WORKED, WHATS MORE, I FELT LIKE A DUMBO, THE BUTTON WAS THERE ALL ALONG, AND A HELP BAR, HEAVEN SAVE ME!!!

Talking Lancecarr, u r my hero!!!

Thanks very much, Lancecarr... I had been everywhere before, trying to learn how to convert vpj and got nowhere. Your explanation was very clear and helpful indeed.

Thanks a lot!!!
    Ben.

I have tried it to but if i try it it says that i can't save it on a different size as vpj.

srr but i need very fast help cause it is for my end work of my school

Go to this YouTube Video: YouTube - VideoPad Video Editor Tutorial - Part 2
    Move the slider on the video controls to the 5:00 min mark and hit play.
    It shows how to export your files.