Thread: Rendered Files Have Timecode Displayed

1. Default Rendered Files Have Timecode Displayed

I just upgraded to Vegas 9 from Vegas 8, and on all my rendered files I'm getting the time code on the actual output file. In other words, when I play the output file in any player the timecode appears.

I never had this happen in Vegas 7 or 8, so I don't really know what has to change. I've looked through the Preferences, but nothing jumps out at me.

Help!

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane51 View Post
    I just upgraded to Vegas 9 from Vegas 8, and on all my rendered files I'm getting the time code on the actual output file.
    I would think it unnaceaptable that t/c would appear as part of an upgrade? So would SONY - yeah?

ASAIK you cannot set a render "Render as . . " to include visible Timecode. What I CAN do is use the Timecode FX to achieve what you got. But that is actually doing something myself on purpose.

Can you check to ensure that you don't have a T/C FX as part of your workflow? If you DON'T have TC as part of your workflow, then there has to be another reason.

Is it possible that your PLAYER is revealing the timecode? If so, turn it off. Is it also possible you recorded visible timecode in-camera?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Can you check to ensure that you don't have a T/C FX as part of your workflow?
    Remember this could be at EVENT, MEDIA, TRACK or OUTPUT level. FOUR places to check.
    Tim

4. Default

OK, I solved the mystery. I started by deciding it wasn't a timecode at all, but a frame count with some ther counters.

I rendered in a variety of formats and only the Xvid AVI format had the info. In the Other Options of the Xvid config there's an option to "Print debug info on each frame". Why this was enabled by default I have no idea, but I'm just happy to have fixed it.

Thanks for the help. It made me do a little more toubleshooting once I found out it wasn't something you could easily set an optin for.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane51 View Post
    It made me do a little more toubleshooting once I found out it wasn't something you could easily set an optin for.
    Good!

As my chum Sherlock was always telling me: "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."