Hi Folks, My first post Iam up in snowbound Siber... sorry that should be snowbound Sunderland Tyne and Wear UK.
I have a problem creating DVDs with an introduction -- 'Menu' - is it called?
1. I am using DVD+R for 'Sharing'
2. I click on Create Disc>check DVD>I am now in the DVD burn arena...
3. I would like to create a nice introduction to a wedding movie so I check the Creat menu box and proceed, but along the way up my steep learning curve I check the box that says...
Use first clip as introductory video BUT, this greys out the 'Next' button so I uncheck this because I want to create a nice intro to my project. Q: why does this grey out the next button??
OK, I am back on track...
4. I click 'Next'> and find myself in the Gallery I then decide that the black img with the two roses would look nice so I select a the Text img known as 05vs_Text23_W from the Text Menus.
5. I commence editing and get a nice looking graphic as can be seen on Untitled Document
6. I then click on Preview icon and go off to the preview screen and I notice that the Pre-render box is ticked - should it be? [see third img on http://x100p.co.uk/kpdvd.html]
7. By now I am wondering is there a tutorial for this tweeking of the edit facility -- to continue...
8. I then pres the Play button in the pre-view step and here is where I get LOST (:
the edit just goes round and round in circles going nowhere. I have tried messing with the...
various numbers and other item, I have hit the 'Enter' arrow I get nowhere!!
9. As I compose this I am burning yet another DVD+R [getting expensive!] burning it just to seen if I am getting nothing but the menu going round and round and round again OR...
will I see the opening gambit complete with my selected transitions upon opening and mving into th body of the movie??? Time will tell
I will wait the result before I post this on the forum.
THE RESULT of my burn 1.4GB of DATA -- REPETITIVE INTROS Which fade in OK but keep playin round in circles.
Can you pull me out of this whirlpool or quagmire that I am in? -- My only goal is to record the wedding preceded by a nice intro piece.
Footnote: the body of the movie, on its own, records perfectly and plays back perfectly
Also I have checked/read the Help F1 but it doesn't help me much
cfm Lost in space