Thread: More than one Magic Bullet preset at a time?

Question More than one Magic Bullet preset at a time?

Hi,

I'm using Magic Bullet right now, in Pinnacle Studio, my question is how the hell do I add more than one Magic Bullet preset 'look' thingy to a clip? I can add one by clicking on the 'Look' bar thing on the left, and out pops the presets, but I can only click/apply one effect, how do I stack more than one effect anyone know? I can't figure it out, or a work around, for the life of me!

Here's a pic of what it looks like:

I want to apply two effcts, or whatever, to one clip, but if I click one then click another it just changes to the other effect. And if I click ok to apply an effect and then go back in again to try and stack another effect on top of the previous one, it just edits/changes the current effect I'd already put on there!
    /cry

Anyone know how I can add more than one preset to a clip?
    /beg

Blog Entries

I wouldn't recommend adding more than one looks preset. However, you generally do this by adding the looks effect twice onto the clip. That way you have two seperate controls.

Hi, thanks for reply

Not sure how u mean though add it twice? I've tried and it just edits what I've already added, I can't seem to add it twice, how do I add two?

re not recommended; thing is I kinda need to I need more than one of the effects at the same time, in this specific case a colouration and the star burst effect thingy one at same time.

Blog Entries

Not really sure how Pinnacle works, but generally speaking you would drop an effect onto to the timeline to apply it to a clip. On most applications, you would simply be able to apply this twice, i.e. drop the effect onto the clip. And then drop a second effect.

If that doesn't work, you could always render out a clip with one effect, then import this back into your project and apply the next one.

yeah that's the whole problem, it doesn't work, I will have to use the work around of rendering it then re-importing it :-/

Pinnacle doesn't work like that. You have to select the clip and then click on add an effect button. Then choose which effect you want. Then you can adjust the effect properties.

If you can't add two different magic bullet effects, which I don't think you can add the same effect twice, you could always use one of the other colour effects which are very good at doing the job. Or as Marc says render it and then apply the second effect.

Am playing with it now trying to see what I can do work around wise as it looks like you're saying it's basically not possible :(

Damn thing, why did they make it not possible!
    grrr

I'm not saying it's not possible to apply more than one magic bullet effect to the same clip. I'm saying you can't apply the same effect twice to the same clip in Pinnacle. Magic bullet is a stand alone suite. I've never used it so I don't know how to apply it.