Thread: What do you think about this 15 second vid?

1. Default What do you think about this 15 second vid?

It's a bit of an inside joke, which is why I can't tell if the video matches or not. Because for me and all my cousins, it makes sense, we know the guy. But not sure if the viewer would take the message the same way. Would appreciate open feedback, thanks!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lowBmzeLiOs"]YouTube- GM2.mov[/ame]

Edit: also, what would be a good caption, instead of 'got motivation' that might work in context with this very short 15 second clip? Originally, I had some kind of 'got motivation' idea, but now I'm thinking there has to be something else with more of a punchline/kick.

Also, is there anyway to edit ths better? First time I edited, it seemed okay. But after playing it back a few times, the length of time of the caption, and the way the clip ends, feels a little off balance
    Last edited by goonerman007; 01-05-2010 at 10:28 AM.

2. Default

okay, so i changed a few things. the first effort was very tame, and i'm really not sure what to think about this one. i think i'm obsessing over it, because it's one of the few random clips i found on my hardrive...so it's hard for me to throw it in the recycle bin..lol.

so that's it, not sure what to think of it. i think its a little better than the first, but i know that doesn't say much. would appreciate feedback...hold on to it, or recycle bin?

its a video of my cousin, and he can be lazy at times, so its meant to be a stab at him.

EDIT: if its recycle bin, then it is...pls let me know what you think. this was a situation of taking nothing and doing my best to make it something...not sure if its enough though.
    Last edited by goonerman007; 01-05-2010 at 06:01 PM.

I think if you know the guy it's funny. As for the editing I would bring in the words at about 25 seconds I always like a very short fade in unless you are looking for a sudden pop out. Then fade them out about 5-7 seconds later. I like the fact that the sound continues after the picture a little.

I can't really think of a funnier tag line. I came up with Mr Motivator !

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think if you know the guy it's funny. As for the editing I would bring in the words at about 25 seconds I always like a very short fade in unless you are looking for a sudden pop out. Then fade them out about 5-7 seconds later. I like the fact that the sound continues after the picture a little.

I can't really think of a funnier tag line. I came up with Mr Motivator !
    I just followed your advice, you are right on the money! i brought the words at exactly 25 seconds, and faded in..worked great. will be posting it up, and show you how it turned out. thanks!

I really liked it!Nice quality and a message I wasn't expecting for sure It made me laugh

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Irene View Post
    I really liked it!Nice quality and a message I wasn't expecting for sure It made me laugh
    lol...thx Irene, I sent it to my cousin, lets see what he thinks... Here is the final vid. i think i am going to make a series of these kind of vids, hopefully will get better with practice and time

That worked. I wonder what he will think of it