Thread: Need to insert whole scene.....! Sony Vegas

Default Need to insert whole scene.....! Sony Vegas

Hi there,

I'm creating an awareness video for work and need to shoot an additional scene. Im going to add the footage to edit it after the end of the video then move it to an earlier point in the video (to retain the start and end scenes).

Everytime I try to find an 'entry point' to insert the clip and 'move' all footage to the right of the split to create space, all footage to the right of the split overlaps!

Am I being a proper numpty about this or if there a way the footage to the right of the split be'moved' as one whole unit?

Cheers

NV

Bit of an odd one! Have you had a look at the options under the 'ripple' tab? Should be eezy peezy. You could also, right click the track, 'select events to end' then move them. If you have multiple tracks to move, just hold down the control key when selecting.

Fantastic - will give it a go tonight - thanks Archie!

Blog Entries

Or,

It sounds to me as if the effect you want to achive will be achieved by switching ON AutoRipple (one of the buttons along the toolbar). Make sure you use the dropdown so it affects ALL tracks
    Tim

Cool, I'll try that too - thanks Tim.

Tim, I'm wondering how Neil has been able to shift everything to the right and overlap each clip too. Or am I misunderstanding you Neil? Love to have that option, but I sure don't have it in my ripple options! The only auto overlap I know is set in prefs, and can only be used when adding multiple clips.

It happens to the clip immediately to the right of the split, as I move it, it overlaps into the next, which then has to be moved etc..... what I want to happen is for all of the clips to 'lock' to each other, so as the clips (as one) can move as far right as I need to insert the additional scene.

Ahhh yes. Thought you meant they all moved and overlapped. A new ripple effect in Vegas I'm thinking. As I said in my first post, check out the ripple tool. It's the green and blue rectangles (next to the blue hat shape thingy) The little arrow to the right of it will give you a drop down menu for the various options. The 'all' tracks option that Tim suggests is probably the one you need.

Fabulous - thanks again for the help guys! :o)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Ahhh yes. Thought you meant they all moved and overlapped. A new ripple effect in Vegas I'm thinking. As I said in my first post, check out the ripple tool. It's the green and blue rectangles (next to the blue hat shape thingy) The little arrow to the right of it will give you a drop down menu for the various options. The 'all' tracks option that Tim suggests is probably the one you need.
    OOOPS! Sorry Archie, I read your first response and focused on the "select all events" bit, totally missing that you'd mentioned the ripple feature - which I then went and repeated.
    Minus one reputation for me I think!
    Tim