Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with finding this music type

1. Default Need help with finding this music type

Hello i keep hearing this type of music in game trailers and i was wondering what it was if u look in the videos below between the times shown you will hear it if u know what music type it is please tell me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPvohrS0mU"]YouTube - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Reveal Trailer[/ame] 0.40 to 0.55

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qp35nXOxA"]YouTube - Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines - PSP Trailer [HQ][/ame] 0.20 to 0.34

Any help is really appicated and i would be happy to show you some cool effects after you helped me.

Thank you!
    Last edited by deadboltz; 01-03-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Is this the best examples you could find. All I hear is atmosphere music.

3. Default

Can't u hear it its like a Banjo or guitar or something like that which builds up like getting more tense. I wanted know if theirs some name for this type of music because i want to use it for some trailers etc

To be honest, I can hardly hear anything above the action and narration in both clips.

5. Default :(

Turn your volume up and listen carefully but if u still dont know do u have some good webites for decent atmosphere music.?

6. Default

Dont just watch the video actually watch it between the times show next to it. And u will hear it

Give the Free Sound Project a try and do a search for atmosphere music.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboltz View Post
    Dont just watch the video actually watch it between the times show next to it. And u will hear it
    I hear a long quiet note. Sounded like a 'strings' sound. That sustains the drama.
    Later, I hear some drumming which adds to the noise of gunshots, grunting avatars and the deep voiced narrator.

Althought perhaps unsuitable (and too time consuming), I might recommend getting a small cheap (free, perhaps) MIDI editor; and taking a listen to the sounds which are possible from most PC's own Sound card. Short, 'atmospheric' phrases would not require Mozartian skills to compose. Just a note or two for a few seconds.

9. Default Maybe

Maybe it probally is strings but i need some music with strings in that kind of same pattern.

If anyone knows some music which is simular please post it and i will be very greatful

Did you follow the link I posted. There is a shit load of stuff on the site if you do a good search.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast