Thread: Creating a Credit Video

Default Creating a Credit Video

Hi,i dont know if this is the right section to talk about my problem but here goes nothingXD

i am new with creating and editing videos but i have to make one as an assignment:(I am making a video game and i need a credit scene.I am thinking to use Adobe Premiere cs3(although i dont know how to use it).The idea is to have a music track playing and have my credits but instead of rolling down like the movies i am thinking something like pages turn like a book,from the right to left.I dont know if its possible but i would really need some help about it.

Prem CS3 can do this.. I would be suprised indeed if it didn't come with a page turn transition.

is anyway to tell me how to do it?I am trying on the internet but cant find something to help me with.I have a dead line for friday and i havent even started yetXD

Hi Alan, Iam up in snowbound Siber... sorry that should be snowbound Sunderland Tyne and Wear.
    I have a problem creating DVDs with an introduction -- 'Menu' - is it called?
    1. I am using DVD+R for sharing
    2. I click on Create Disc>check DVD>I am now in the DVD burn arena...
    3. I would like to create a nice introduction to a wedding movie so I check the Creat menu box and proceed, but along the way up my steep learning curve I check the box that says...
    Use first clip as introductory video BUT, this greys out the 'Next' button so I uncheck this because I want to create a nice intro to my project. Q: why does this grey out the next button??
    OK, I am back on track...
    4. I click 'Next'> and find myself in the Gallery I then decide that the black img with the two roses would look nice so I select a the Text img known as 05vs_Text23_W from the Text Menus.
    5. I commence editing and get a nice looking graphic as can be seen on Untitled Document
    6. I then click on Preview icon and go off to the preview screen and I notice that the Pre-render box is ticked - should it be? [see third img on http://x100p.co.uk/kpdvd.html]
    7. By now I am wondering is ther a tutorial for this tweeking of the edit facility -- to continue...
    8. I then pres the Play button in the pre-view step and here is where I get LOST (:
    the edit just goes round and round in circles going nowhere. I have tried messing with the...
    various numbers and other item, I have hit the 'Enter' arrow I get nowhere!!
    9. As I compose this I am burning yet another DVD+R [getting expensive!] burning it just to seen if I am getting nothing but the menu going round and round and round again OR...
    will I see the opening gambit complete with my selected transitions upon opening and mving into th body of the movie??? Time will tell
    I will wait the result before I post this on the forum.
    THE RESULT of my burn 1.4GB of DATA -- REPETITIVE INTROS Which fade in OK but keep playin round in circles.
    Can you pull me out of this whirlpool or quagmire that I am in? -- My only goal is to record the wedding preceded by a nice intro piece.
    Footnote: the body of the movie, on its own, records perfectly and plays back perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Baptista View Post
    is anyway to tell me how to do it?I am trying on the internet but cant find something to help me with.I have a dead line for friday and i havent even started yetXD
    Put th etweo clips on the same layer making sur ethey overlap a bit. Then search through teh transitions and drag and drop the one you like over the join. Simples!

This is really all RTFM stuff and you may not find a turorial on the web showing how to apply a standard transition.

Quote Originally Posted by cfmiT View Post
    Hi Alan, Iam up in snowbound Siber... sorry that should be snowbound Sunderland Tyne and Wear.
    I have a problem creating DVDs with an introduction -- 'Menu' - is it called?
    1. I am using DVD+R for sharing
    2. I click on Create Disc>check DVD>I am now in the DVD burn arena...
    3. I would like to create a nice introduction to a wedding movie so I check the Creat menu box and proceed, but along the way up my steep learning curve I check the box that says...
    Use first clip as introductory video BUT, this greys out the 'Next' button so I uncheck this because I want to create a nice intro to my project. Q: why does this grey out the next button??
    OK, I am back on track...
    4. I click 'Next'> and find myself in the Gallery I then decide that the black img with the two roses would look nice so I select a the Text img known as 05vs_Text23_W from the Text Menus.
    5. I commence editing and get a nice looking graphic as can be seen on Untitled Document
    6. I then click on Preview icon and go off to the preview screen and I notice that the Pre-render box is ticked - should it be? [see third img on http://x100p.co.uk/kpdvd.html]
    7. By now I am wondering is ther a tutorial for this tweeking of the edit facility -- to continue...
    8. I then pres the Play button in the pre-view step and here is where I get LOST (:
    the edit just goes round and round in circles going nowhere. I have tried messing with the...
    various numbers and other item, I have hit the 'Enter' arrow I get nowhere!!
    9. As I compose this I am burning yet another DVD+R [getting expensive!] burning it just to seen if I am getting nothing but the menu going round and round and round again OR...
    will I see the opening gambit complete with my selected transitions upon opening and mving into th body of the movie??? Time will tell
    I will wait the result before I post this on the forum.
    THE RESULT of my burn 1.4GB of DATA -- REPETITIVE INTROS Which fade in OK but keep playin round in circles.
    Can you pull me out of this whirlpool or quagmire that I am in? -- My only goal is to record the wedding preceded by a nice intro piece.
    Footnote: the body of the movie, on its own, records perfectly and plays back perfectly
    Couple of things....

1) Don;lt add a new question on the bottom of someone else's thread. bad form hijacking like that and
    2) You didn't mention what s/w you are using.

But generally though, sounds Encore-ish. The genral approach to DVDs is you have a sequence of elemtns to play. You specify th eend action of each one and it does that. i.e. at the end of clip 1 go and play clip 2 - simples! That's about the basisi of everything. The thing is that a 'clip' could be a menu. Sound like you have one clip that says it;s end action is to start again so it is looping.

Default creating a DVD menu

Couple of things....

1) Don;lt add a new question on the bottom of someone else's thread. bad form hijacking like that and

Answer: I have no idea where to start a NEW post -- pehaps you can help???

2) You didn't mention what s/w you are using.
    Answer: Corel VideoStudio

I have a wedding produced by I am somewhat lost in space regarding doing a nice front end intro chapter so that the DVD will run from A-Z when put into a bog stardard video player.

hth

But generally though, sounds Encore-ish. The genral approach to DVDs is you have a sequence of elemtns to play. You specify th eend action of each one and it does that. i.e. at the end of clip 1 go and play clip 2 - simples! That's about the basisi of everything. The thing is that a 'clip' could be a menu. Sound like you have one clip that says it;s end action is to start again so it is looping.