Thread: Sony vegas demo

1. Cool Sony vegas demo

Hello. I downloaded a free vegas studio 9 demo and have been getting along with it however I experianced jittering with some of the videos I uploaded as I was editing and when I rendered a movie and uploaded onto my harddrive the audio and the video fell out of sync, is this because its a demo or is my computer not up to running the software. Please help is appreciated just dont want to pay out for programme that wont run properly. Thankyou

Blog Entries

It's unlikely it's because it's a trial version. As far as I'm aware this is the same as the full version but limited to 30 days use.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by browny1124 View Post
    . . however I experianced jittering with some of the videos
    What format video was that?

and when I rendered a movie and uploaded onto my harddrive the audio and the video fell out of sync,
    What did you render to? What format?

is this because its a demo
    Do you really think that SONY would send out duff s/w? Demo s/w, to boot, that is SUPPOSED to entice people to buy? Really? I am almost positive that that is NOT their game-plan!

or is my computer not up to running the software.
    Specs on PC? Come on, do some work here people?!? I have many attributes, but being a mind reader ain't one of them.

Please help is appreciated just dont want to pay out for programme that wont run properly.
    You want help? Then provide:

A] Your PC Specs

B] Your Project Settings

C] Your Media formats

D] Your render template format.

Can you do that?

4. Smile

Am not 100% on computer knowledge but this is all info I can gather at moment.

My computer is a HP pAVILION dv 9700, 32 bit operating system, with 2.00ghz processor and 2047mb of ram.

I rendered the video to the hard drive in (*.avi) video for windows format.

My project setting I beleive to be:

VIDEO: Custom (720x576 25,000 fps) PAL

AUDIO: Sample rates (44,100 htz)--- BIT depth 16

Ruler time format - SMPTE EBU (25 fps video)

I am unsure how to answer anything else specifically but any help would be greatly appreciated, can anyone run me through the process of checking these things so I can provide correct more accurate information. thankyou very much.

5. Default

rendered in wmv format seems to have solved the problem. thanks for the help.

rendered in wmv format seems to have solved the problem.
    No, it HASN'T solved your "problem". What you have done is render to a delivery format. That is less than what you can get from your AVI.

My thoughts are that :

1] You have NOT set your Project to your media - what is CUSTOM doing with box-standard media? Yes?

2] Your initially rendering will be following your project settings. And that IS a problem, in as much as you aren't aware just what you are doing. You have rendered to a delivery format. When you want to re-edit and then some, you will have dropped quality. I edit in PAL DV AVI. Unless you intend to use proxies and THEN layoff to a delivery format (why?), anybody who wants to get the most out of their work/quality on the TIMELINE (colour grading, FX-ing, transitions . .. ) will also be editing in a mostly in lossless format.

I think you haven't set up your project correctly and are now rendering to some form of uncompressed AVI and that is making playback an issue.

So no. I don;t think you have solved your problem. All you are doing is putting up another bottle of plasma, where suturing the sliced limb is the real solution.

You'll be back . . . . . .

7. Default

ok mate. I am very new to the program, do you think you could break down what you are explaining into slightly simpler terms so I can help myself, not that I dont appreciate the help but having hard time grasping the specifics of what your saying.

. . do you think you could break down what you are explaining into slightly simpler terms
    I can try? But . . .

. . having hard time grasping the specifics of what your saying.
    So what "specifically" aren't you following?