Thread: HD editing

Default HD editing

Hi I'm new to HD editing. Therefore can anyone recommend hardware spec. and software for me to edit a special project. For this I've received several different formats in HD (720p at 24fps, 1080i at 25fps and 1080p at 25fps) all to edit onto one timeline. PreviouslyI've edited on PC with Premiere 6.5. I do have a good budget for this upgrade but unsure about the needs to mix different HD formats. Please advise.

Hi If you are familiar with Premiere I'd stick with Premiere Pro CS4 or Premiere Elements 8, I recently did a 2 camera shoot, one camera an AVCHD and the other an HDV, then on a third track I had a mixture of formats some at 25fps and 24fps and Premiere handled them fine. I then turned it into a 2.25 hour DVD mpeg2, it did an excellent re-encode better than I had ever achieved with standard DV to mpeg2.

Bryan

Question mixing formats WANDERING FREE

Hi,
    I realise that this post was 6 months ago, but I wonder if you would elaborate on the mixing of AVCHD and HDV on the same timeline with CS4.

What about the project settings when one starts the new project? Does one set them as the output settings? Is it as simple as importing the AVCHD and HDV clips and dropping them on the timeline?

Hi, I set the project to AVCHD 25i but think I must have set it to anamorphic as I had set my camera to 1440x1080i to match the HDV from my friends camera, the slight hitches I did have were from a third camera that was 30fps and converted to 25P this video had all been edited for a PowerPoint presentational to run interspersed in the variety show and was out of my hands but had to be incorporated into the final video, this was the only part that was not up to the quality of the two other cameras, even when the final video was converted to 720x576 25fps for the DVD you could pick the 30fps to 25fps sections if you watched carefully.

Not all the PowerPoint presentation was video, some was photos that I could put on the time line at the appropriate points and just use the sound track from the presentation and sync the audio from the cameras so I could cut between the video from our cameras and the presentation.

Premiere handled it remarkably well with a few freezes so don't forget save often.

Bryan
    Last edited by wandering-free; 06-13-2010 at 11:37 PM.