Thread: Camcorder Surgery - anyone used them?

1. Default Camcorder Surgery - anyone used them?

As it says in the Title, anyone used Camcorder Surgery in the west midlands ?

All looks good to me, but i always check up on everything online before i part with goods / money.

Unfortunatly, with there being so many people out there to rip you off then you have to check everyone, even the ones who look good.

the chief engineer was head sound technician for Rumbelows Ltd 1975-82 .... you cant go wrong !

seriously, i googled the company and came up with one amateur looking web page (with no links) and from what i can gather the business operates from somebody's home address, not saying this is necessarily a bad thing just that im a bit old fashioned and im not sure i would entrust an expensive camcorder to a business with no references and an armature looking web site (page) !?!?

have you had a quote from a recognised service centre ?

3. Default

It looks like a home address, but it has a link to a map on the site, which would sugest they arnt trying to hide anything and that they welcome you going in person - so in that respect i dont think thats an issue

The quote he has given is a good one - unfortunatly most places you try and get quotes from want you to send them the camera for an estimate - but with the camera only being an old VX2100, my aim was to see if it was worth repairing or just replace it, so i didnt want to mess around sending it off for various quotes

I am quite sure this guy is above board and all is ok, but i just wanted some confirmation off someone who had used him in the past

Has anybody used the Camcorder Surgery?

Was thinking of sending my z1e to them to fix it.