Thread: dilema

Default dilema

Hi guys i got myself a canon hg20 and a big head ache! my computer has 1gig of ram. I need to do some editing in order to put some videos on you tube, i have been looking at quad core computers but it would take some time for me to get together the 800 needed for a basic system, i dont know whether to install my copy of power director 8 and try some basic editing, literaly just snipping some frames out, i dont know whether i will be able to use the same programme on a new pc in future though, or have to fork out for another copy of it, my only other option is to take it into a shop to be done but im having no luck with finding a shop that will touch avchd, any help much apreciated

Ryan

If you are uninstalling the program from one PC you are within your rights to reload it on your new PC. There is no need to fork out for another copy of it. If this was your consideration.

Hi Ryan, Midnight Blues right all you need is an upgrade box, I've seen quad cores for around NZ$600 so would be half the price over in the UK.

If on the other hand you want to edit on a lower spec for a time why not down load a trail version of Corel ProX2 and then you have the option of using Smart Proxy and setting the resolution to suit the power of you current computer, it would only be a band aid fix as the rendering would kick back to the high definition files and take ages, but might just get you through.

Bryan

brilliant thinking guys! thanks for the advice, i will give this a go.

i managed to get the cyberlink power director 8 running, however when i try to edit my footage the programme just turns off, doesnt freeze just closes down straight away. Does this sound like a faulty programme or just that my pc does not have the back bone to run the programme? its so annoying because im spending days on end trying to sort this out to no avail, any help would be great.

Ryan

I've never used Power Director so I can't help with that. I can only suggest you do some basic computer house keeping. Defrg, registry clean, update drivers etc...

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable View Post
    i managed to get the cyberlink power director 8 running, however when i try to edit my footage the programme just turns off, doesnt freeze just closes down straight away. Does this sound like a faulty programme or just that my pc does not have the back bone to run the programme? its so annoying because im spending days on end trying to sort this out to no avail, any help would be great.

Ryan
    Hi Ryan, You need to check if Power Director supports AVCHD high profile 4.1 as some programs that claim to be able to edit AVCHD natively only handle the AVCHD main profile 4.0 as your camera it a Canon and captures up to 24Mbps it is using high profile.

You haven't said what your computer speed is but I managed to edit (very slowly) high profile from my Canon HF10 on a 1.5GHz Pentium running XP.

I also found I needed to add new codecs, for the particular program I am using, I found the best pack was CCCP and also installed the latest down load of DirectX, but before I play with codec's and the like I always backup my computer with a ghost copy just in case.

Bryan
    Last edited by wandering-free; 12-31-2009 at 07:27 PM.