Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to create video like this

Lightbulb how to create video like this

Hello, I came across this awesome video on youtube and would like to know what program and how to do it. I currently have pinnacle studio, sony vegas, and cyberlink powerdirector on my pc.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

You could certainly do it in Vegas and most likely Pinnacle. Quite possibly PowerDirector, I've no idea.
    As to how - lots of learning and practice. Sorry but that's the way it is.

I'd have some idea as to how to achieve most, if not, all of this. Whether I could do it or not is another matter entirely.

I know how to drive a car. Could I compete in Formula 1 - I don't think so.

But for starters, you'd need to become totally familiar with manipulating multiple tracks on the timeline.
    Tim

I agree with Tim except you wouldn't be able to do it in Pinnacle.

Thanks for the advice guys but does anyone know the name of the effect or have a tutorial related, i've created lots of interesting videos and i'll like this one for my next video

Quote Originally Posted by walata View Post
    . . but does anyone know the name of the effect or have a tutorial related, . ..
    . .. "the effect"? There ain't no one effect here? I counted at least 10, or even more! And to be brutally/painfully honest with you, it is because you aren't "focusing" on just one of the effects, that for me, you haven't a clue as to just how very complex a creative thing you are looking at, and, as result aren't really aware of the enormity of the processes you are being confronted with, that for me to respond would just be too hellish, for BOTH of us. I couldn't do it to you nor the readers here nor myself.

Quote Originally Posted by walata View Post
    . . .. and i'll like this one for my next video
    - Yeah? Really? - Well start learning to deconstruct what you are looking at; realise that what you are looking at is truly advanced editing/compositing; an awareness of the medium that many others would truly like to aspire to and realise that this was done after having many months or even years of mixing not only video but audio too.

This didn't "just" happen.

As to pointing you towards tutorials to identify "the effect" ( that really says a lot!) I wouldn't even start.

Most of the online tutes I have had to suffer and sit through are just plain awful pap! Hours that I have lost from my life, never ever being able to regain. They contain, at best, earth shatteringly crass direction and implementation and, at worst, are just plain dangerous and misleading for the novice Vegas Editor.

If you are still not put off by my response then here are a few of the "the effect" that I counted:

a] Multi Track, Track motion

b] Inverse saturation

c] Cut to the beat

d] "Difference"ing and some "screening"

e] Majorly delicious colour grading using compositing tracks together

f] Picture In Picture (might also have been some Track motion thrown in for good measure!)

g] Focus and speed ramping, but this COULD have happened in-camera

h] Very clever use of relative cropping! - Nice . ..

g] And don't even get me started on the Lower Thirds "bugs" - brilliant!

. .and so on . . .

Also there are 2 major overarching intelligent appeals here for me:

A] The awareness of the use of what is a well trodden gag/path to make it "look" like a a 35mm STILLS shoot "draft" of dailies. Almost "proofing" the day's shoot. Been done often.

. . plus . .

B] The actual courage to go ahead and apply this in a slippery and sexy way that is truly organic and appealing.

It just succeeds on so many levels.

Now, if this was done on an NLE that has been setup to use and reuse already template-ed "plugs" to do this, then sure, if one has the abilities of an advanced editing VJ to do this, then sure, it COULD be straight forward. Only the editor/creator of this would let us into the "secrets". And if that same person does this for a living, eh . . why should she/he?

My advice? watch the video again, but with the audio "off", THEN you will be aware, or should be, of the intricacies of the piece.

None of this is "hard". The clever bit is having the courage and creativity to implement it. In my way, it is allowing the "why" we do something lead the "how" we do something. Doing this the "other" way around ("how" before "why") is often executed with much zeal as being the trade-off for a lack of imagination and creativity. Here the motive for implementing a set of techniques was to achieve an "end" - it wasn't an end in itself.
    Last edited by Grazie; 12-31-2009 at 06:53 AM.

yeah what grazie said... but for a simple answer, after a quick look im going to assume the effect in the beginning of the people moving around, if thats what ur asking about... its lots of video tracks with everyone in front of a green screen or dark room and just panning each clip on each track together or alone to create the movements.
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Yeah . . . so that'll be my a], d], f] and h]? - yeah . . . ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie;129974
    If you are still not put off by my response then here are a few of the "the effect" that I counted:

a
    Multi Track, Track motion

As I said "For starters ... multiple tracks "

Great post Grazie. You illustrate (yet again) how the more we get into video editing the more we become aware of just how much is going on in the technology, but more importantly how much is going on creatively.

Thanks for your informative and often inspirational or thought provoking posts throughout 2009. Long may they continue.
    Tim

Special thanks to Grazie, the most important thing I want to do is how the clips were moving from right to left, i've decided to use sony vegas in this project. for example at 2:29 the clips started moving while the rest started to join. I just want to do something creative, if anyone have a good tutorial on vegas pls let me know... thanks guys...

Give me 48 hours and I'll tuck a VEG into a zip for you.

What version of vegas are you using? V6/7/8 or 9?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast