Thread: Pinnacle Studio 9 SE Hiss on opening

Default Pinnacle Studio 9 SE Hiss on opening

Hi Folks,
    I am also new to video editing and am looking for help from you, the more experienced in the field.
    I have just bought Pinnacle Studio 9 SE and loaded it onto my PC, which is an eMachines 770, Pentium 4, 2.4Ghz, 80 Gb HDD, 512 Mb Ram, a 250 Gb LaCie USB 2.0 HDD and a Sony DRX 530 UL USB 2.0 DVD writer, so I think my kit should handle the large files which I will encounter whilst downloading my camcorder tapes.

Now the problem, which may be just because I am using Pinnacle,
    is when I open Studio 9, a very loud hiss comes from the speakers, and goes away when I close Pinnacle Studio 9.
    Apart from being very annoying, I don't think that it should br there in the first place, I would not like to have gone to all the trouble and time to produce a DVD with a LOUD HISS.

I have already downloaded the latest patch from the Pinnacle site bringing the version to Studio 9.3.5.10, as suggested by the Pinnacle Support, but this has not made any difference at all. I am ging to make sure that the audio drivers are up to date (Realtek AC97).

Can Anyone suggest anything, apart from using another non Pinnacle product?

Brian
    Unshared Joy is an Unlighted Candle
    eMachines 770, Pentium 4, 2.4Ghz, 80Gb HDD, 512 Mb RAM, Firewire, Pinnacle Rave PCTV, LaCie 250 Gb USB 2.0 HDD with a Sony DRX 530 UL USB 2.0 DVD Re-Writer, Canon MVX200i Mini DV & Sony TRV59E Hi-8 Camcorders.

Default hiss

hi,
    i had a similar problem and got out by going into the sound controls and muting each one untill i found the offending input.for me it did not effect any of my sound output/inputs.
    happy tweaking!!!!

Hi Zeke,

It appeared to be the Line In which was causing the HISS, even though there was nothing connected.
    Maybe, if the input was 'Terminated', say with a camcorder connected etc. the Hiss may never have appeared in the first place. As I was using the IEEE1394 input the Line In input was not in use.
    Many Thanks

PS Being able to open the EDIT page has now brought another problem.
    I cannot open any avi files which I have stored on my external HDD, using Pinnacle, but I can open them using MovieMaker2

Is This a Case of 'One Step Forward and Two Steps Back'
    Unshared Joy is an Unlighted Candle
    eMachines 770, Pentium 4, 2.4Ghz, 80Gb HDD, 512 Mb RAM, Firewire, Pinnacle Rave PCTV, LaCie 250 Gb USB 2.0 HDD with a Sony DRX 530 UL USB 2.0 DVD Re-Writer, Canon MVX200i Mini DV & Sony TRV59E Hi-8 Camcorders.