Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: What resolution for my JVC HD - 7 and Iverio for TOD files

  1. #1

    Default What resolution for my JVC HD - 7 and Iverio for TOD files

    Hi all, I went through the classical problems with the TOD files and the wish to work on them with IMovie 09 on my Mac. I now have found Iverio, a small program (expensive!) that converts the TOD files to a range of other files, but typically .mov. That makes it possible to import them in IMOvie. Problem is that so many resolutions are possible. What is for regular all day family use the best compromise: I can film in Full HD, 1440 CBR and SP. Some say only 1440 CBR should be used for Mac. Then, I can convert to .mov files as HD, but when I choose the Mac compatible resolution I have to choose between a whole raft of resolutions from 480x360 right through to 1980x1080 and each resolution can be converted to i or p as well. What should I do, can you please help? I want to make some good looking DVD's but realise if I want to burn it to DVD then space is a premium ?Thanks !!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Hi Have you had a look at this review, it has some comments from readers on how to convert for a Mac.

    JVC GZ-HD7 Camcorder Review - JVC Camcorders

    I'm not familiar with the camera or editing on a Mac but have found it gives better DVD mpeg2 videos if I stay with the native resolution and only render to DVD mpeg2 at the end of the edit. remembering to stay with upper field first, as that seems to be the standard with HD

    Bryan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,192
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotkiwi View Post
    Some say only 1440 CBR should be used for Mac.
    That used to be the case but the latest software (check your updates) will support full AVCHD in all resolutions,

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer View Post
    That used to be the case but the latest software (check your updates) will support full AVCHD in all resolutions,
    Also for Mac? It does not say, i use IMovie 09

    Thanks !

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wandering-free View Post
    Hi Have you had a look at this review, it has some comments from readers on how to convert for a Mac.

    JVC GZ-HD7 Camcorder Review - JVC Camcorders

    I'm not familiar with the camera or editing on a Mac but have found it gives better DVD mpeg2 videos if I stay with the native resolution and only render to DVD mpeg2 at the end of the edit. remembering to stay with upper field first, as that seems to be the standard with HD

    Bryan
    Thanks Kiwi-mate !!! Good to see you here.
    Will have a look.

    Cheers
    Johan
    Auckland

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,192
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    imovie 09 should edit native AVCHD. If not, then check your updates.

    iMovie ?09: Camcorder Support

Similar Threads

  1. Where is the best resolution?
    By Mo_money in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 12:27 AM
  2. Sony Vegas 8-I can only see audio files of quick time move files!
    By Switchvert in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 11:08 AM
  3. Wheres the resolution?
    By Mo_money in forum Pinnacle Studio, Edition including Avid Xpress and Liquid
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 01:27 PM
  4. Max SVCD resolution?
    By Sephiroth in forum Blu Ray, DVD, SVCD and VCD authoring
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:36 PM
  5. what is TV resolution?
    By SLUGFly in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 05:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •