Thread: perfect master recording - but laggy edit?

Default perfect master recording - but laggy edit?

Hello.

I have an mpeg2 video file which has been captured from an 8mm camcorder tape onto my laptop.
    The master file is perfect. There is no dropped frames, no lag, no skipping, the audio is synced spot on and it plays back just as it was recorded etc etc
    The file is 48 minutes long, is 1.24g in size, 4000kbps video, 30fps, 256kbps audio.

Bear in mind i can play the original capture back in windows media player and it is perfect. As soon as i take it into corel videostudio, a skip develops. but audio stays synced. And in sony vegas, i get skip and the audio gets out of sync too.
    I am aware that sometimes during playback you might get some delay etc while editing. But the published video also has the skips etc when saved.

I cant understand it?

thankyou so much for your reply.

I see. that makes sense. I must admit i suspecting one way or another it must have been the file, as the skips seem to start happening in similar places in both programs.
    Hmmm, so will i have this problem unless i can find a way to capture the video without dropouts? Lower resolution capturing? I captured the full screen, would it help to capture a smaller size video?

or i suspect there may be a thread which discusses how to stop lagging/dropped frames and good capturing etc?