Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with vegas 9- mouse wheel zooming

Default help with vegas 9- mouse wheel zooming

in 8 i had my mouse wheel zoom in and out of time on the tracks, in 9 it doesnt do it, it just cenetrs the cursor. I cant see anything in customize keyboard under options... so any idea how to assign my mouse wheel to do the zooming?

Thanks.
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Sithxace View Post
    I cant see anything in customize keyboard under options... so any idea how to assign my mouse wheel to do the zooming?
    You are absolutely correct. I can't get the Centre thing, 'cos my kb isn't setup that way.

But I do have "zoom" on my mouse-wheel, and I've had it in all back as far as I can remember too.

Are you able to get your MW to work in other apps? Have you check to see IF your MW is still "present" in your driver for the MW?

Maybe a Vegas "Factory Reset" might kick it in the rear-end?

grazie, you have 9.0?
    -Sean
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard

VP9, VP8,VV7,VV6,VV5 and VV4

installed mouse driver and still the same :/ ive plugged in my optical mouse instead of the nice wireless one and that works fine... grrrr vegas 9 on windows 7 is slower than vegas 8 on xp!!!!!!!!!! grrr, this hole mouse problem started when i switched to windows 7 from xp.
    -Sean
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard

I asked you a question: "Are you able to get your MW to work in other apps?" - well?

The fact that you can use another mouse's wheel within V9 kinda points to MS7 and your Mouse. So again, is this mouse wheel available in other apps?

I have done a short bit of research and these are worth reading:

Intype Forums - Mouse wheel issue

mouse wheel doesn't work on windows 7 - Picasa Help

My thinking is that as the mouse wheel setup doesn't "appear" within Vegas (same for me), then it HAS to be getting its instructions directly from MS - and here, that is MS7. If your mouse isn't playing ball with MS7, then Vegas wouldn't have a chance? Do you appreciate my logic on this?

And again, if you DO have a mouse wheel working from ANOTHER mouse then I really can't see it being an issue for V9.

The other thing to know here would be WHAT make and model of mouse are you using?
    Last edited by Grazie; 12-27-2009 at 05:37 AM.

I'm also looking at your PC spec.

You have one HD of 150gb (?).

Your PC is overclocked.

You have recently installed MS7.

How much space have got on your HD? I am now also thinking you have just too much going on that is far away from mouse wheels and so on to worry about! - The mouse wheel issue may just be enough to have broken the camel's back - yeah?

I am neither a PC engineer nor programmer, but reading the needs MS7 and of a spinning mouse wheel and your present state of play, with your overclocked PC? Maybe you have to consider another possibility - you don't have enough oomph left in the pipe line to make this final scrolling operate?

I have a QUAD Core Intel running at 2.2 . 2gb of fast RAM. No overclocking. Running XP Pro. 4 internal SATAII hardrives with a newly installed 3gb/sec SATAII hard drive caddie system where I can swap out one of presently 4 0.5TB SATAII Vegas Project hard drives. My system drive is purely for the purposes of system and programs. I choose to keep all my video/sound/graphics away from the the C: drive. My concern for you is that you have, what appears to be, a single 150gb hard drive. Maybe this MW issue is telling you something?

oh whoops yeah man the mouse im having trouble with... the wheels works fine in browsers and inside windows... the model is microsoft laser mouse 5000.

lol my spec info is def outdated lol

my real specs:

intel core2 i7 920
    6GB DDR3
    Radeon X850XT
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    22 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor
    My system hard drive is a 150GB
    I have two 500GB mirrored together as a 500GB safe drive
    I have 2 more 500GB drives stripped together as my 1TB drive
    1 have a 500GB ESATA drive
    -Sean
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard

Well, that's plenty enough power. How about space on your system drive?

Anyway, I have done some further research and can report of just one "similar" issue as yours, with a MS5000 laser mouse, and that was with somebody using/zooming within Vegas, AFTER installing Vista. Wheel was very sluggish on zoom.

My advice is:

A] Open a Support Ticket with SONY directly and report exactly what you have said here: works in other apps; installed MS7 and so on

. . or . . .

B] Use/purchase another mouse.

If you have read the links I supplied above, you will see some unappetizing & non-fixes for this behaviour.

Mice are cheap. And yes, things SHOULD just work. But then again, I have banged my head against the proverbial wall over some buying decision I have resisted doing, only, & finally, to have this decision made sensible when the issue was made to go away by at last making the purchase!

Here's another thought. Is it USB? Most of these things now-a-days are, then try a reboot and plug in each USB device you have separately and see if by doing this, this shakes loose this behaviour. I have 8 different USB devices and sometimes I need to do this. Installing a new OS could very well have been the last USB-straw for this camel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast