Thread: Video cropping problem

Default Video cropping problem

Can anyone help me with cropping a video file? I've been using assorted free editors that support video cropping, but none of them seem to do what i want.

Before i go any further, i'm not talking about cropping the timeline, i'm talking about cropping the size of the frame. I've made a video (1.3GB mpg 1920x1080 - about 8min) with Cyberlink Power Director which automatically put a black border around my video. I've recently learned that they call it a letterhead and it's function is to play on standard NTSC TV's so the video isn't cut off. But this video isn't intended for a TV...I'm just trying to make a HD video for YouTube.

Now, i have tried various FREE editors that claim they will do this, but the video still renders the border everytime.....i don't get it.

Does anyone know of a program that can do this with ease.....and that absolutely works??? Here are some pics to show my problem......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll007 View Post
    Can anyone help me with cropping a video file? I've been using assorted free editors that support video cropping, but none of them seem to do what i want.

Before i go any further, i'm not talking about cropping the timeline, i'm talking about cropping the size of the frame. I've made a video (1.3GB mpg 1920x1080 - about 8min) with Cyberlink Power Director which automatically put a black border around my video. I've recently learned that they call it a letterhead and it's function is to play on standard NTSC TV's so the video isn't cut off. But this video isn't intended for a TV...I'm just trying to make a HD video for YouTube.

Now, i have tried various FREE editors that claim they will do this, but the video still renders the border everytime.....i don't get it.

Does anyone know of a program that can do this with ease.....and that absolutely works??? Here are some pics to show my problem......

I happened to know one program can help you out. Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate is exactly the right software for you. It can enables you to crop the frame size of the video while keep aspect ratio.

If you want to make a HD video for YouTube, it also enables you to set the split size or split time of output video, since YouTube only supports videos that are less than 10minutes and smaller than 100MB.

It is actually a video converter, but it can also work as a DVD Ripper and a DVD Burner. Besides, if you want to add subtitle to your videos, it can help you import .srt, .ass, .ssa files to various video.

I really have a lot of fun with it. I think you should give it a try.

Cropping a video clip in Vegas is eezy peezy. It will maintain the aspect ratio of the clip. You can easily change this though if you want.

4. Default

KillEmAll007 , I had the same problem with the one free prog... (don't say what ). VidCrop PRO from geovid.com helps me to make my videos great.

As Archie suggests, what's wrong with Vegas' own Pan and Crop tool? You can maintain the aspect ratio or set it to something else as you will see from the internal menus in Pan and Crop.

Richard

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Jones View Post
    As Archie suggests, what's wrong with Vegas' own Pan and Crop tool?
    What's wrong is that the OP didn't want to know at all. He was simply planting the question in order to let the follow up post some spam.

Dunno how I missed it.
    Tim

Wot! you mean
    VidCrop PRO from geovid.com helps me to make my videos great.
    Isn't really true?? I wuz just about to rush over an' buy it!
    Seriously. Like the effin' spam we all get every single day, how many sales do you think get made from these stooopid kind of posts? Complete waste of peoples time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Wot! you mean Isn't really true?? I wuz just about to rush over an' buy it!
    Seriously. Like the effin' spam we all get every single day, how many sales do you think get made from these stooopid kind of posts? Complete waste of peoples time.
    Spam posts removed and culprit banned
    Tim