Thread: VX2100 New Heads ?

1. Default VX2100 New Heads ?

Does anyone know roughly what it would cost to get the heads replaced on a Sony VX2100 ?

Its been cleaned a few times, but its getting a bit worse with dropouts etc now, its Very well used and records around 2 hours a week, so its not like it wouldnt benifit from new ones

But my question is, Replace heads or Replace Camera ?

Obviously if we are talking a couple of hundred and i end up with new heads then its worth doing, but if its going on for lots of money then may as well get an FX1 or something

Cheers

I would do a Google search on your first Question

I used to repair and service video recorders in their hey day from 50 for video head replacements.

When you could buy one new for 50. It wasn't worth doing it anymore. And a machine that was purchased for about 300 a few years earlier, 50 would have been money well spent, as they where well built machines. But sadly we are now in the bin it and buy another age.

Sony is a good brand and I think its worth doing. That's is of course you can find anyone that repairs anything these days.