Thread: How to Export with Adobe Media Encoder???

Exclamation How to Export with Adobe Media Encoder???

Hey Guys,

I'm basically having a rlly hard problem getting good quality exports out of Adobe Media Encoder. I had all my settings perfect on my C2D XP rig, but then I upgraded to a Win 7 64 bit Core i7 rig, and now my exports look like crap.

Obviously the problem is not with my hardware. What is my problem, then? Look at the difference between these two videos:

Big difference. From what I remember, I used the same settings in my old rig as I do now. The only difference would be the codecs, I believe.

Both were exported using H.264. I have no idea what codecs I was using in xp, however. On my current rig, though, I've downloaded the Mainconcept mpeg pro, and the k-lite mega codec pack.

So What Settings am I using???

• In Premiere Pro cs4, I hit "Export"
    • In the "video" tab, under Codec: I see "Mainconcept H.264 Video"
    • I set the Format to h.264, and then hit "custom"
    • Tv Standard: NTSC
    • Fps: 24
    • Field Order Progressive
    • Square Pixels
    • Profile: High
    • Level 4.1
    • VBR 2 pass
    • Target 9
    • Max 11
    • Multiplexing: MP4
    • Stream Compatibility: Standard

These are the settings that the "new rig" video was exported using. I don't know why the Mainconcept h.264 video still shows up, I uninstalled it because it gave me horrible results. Otherwise, I have no idea whether I'm using the right codecs or not, or WHAT I'm doing wrong. I totally forgot what I did to get everything right in my XP rig (though I do remember spending alot of time researching things).

Thanks for the help! I would really appreciate it!

I recommend using GSPOT GSpot Codec Information Appliance
    and using it to confirm what differences it detects between your two files. (hint - run two copies of it makes it possible to see the information on both files; at the same time).

thanks tim, but do you have any recommendations on how to encode it myself?? Even once I find the differences I won't know what to install. Why does it still show that I'm encoding using the mainconcept codec when I uninstalled it?

Default So lost

Ok Tim, I did what you said, and here's what happened:

First, I saw this screen:

Which told me I have 285 codecs installed

Then, I loaded both videos, side by side, and got this:

Which was largely unhelpful. NOW what do I do???????

It confirms the same types of codec were used, but that they have very different video kbps. I only realised after posting that the 2 videos are entirely different. Would it be possible to re-encode the original one; using the newer PC operating system? Otherwise a comparison is difficult.
    In the original posting, the config of the export does not mention any settings for 'maximum kbps'. Perhaps that is the reason for the difference.