Thread: Quality problems

Default Quality problems

Hi, I hope that someone can help me. I am importing video from a Sony Mini DV digital camcorder via a firewire lead in to Video Studio Pro X2 software. The problem that I have is with an immediate reduction in the image quality and brightness when it is imported. The video looks perfect on the camera screen and also via a television.

Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be very welcome.

Thank you.

Sorry mate, I don't full understand what your problem is.

Default Quality problems

Thanks for replying. The video quality deteriorates so that the image appears a bit dull with less vibrant colours than the original appears via the camera.

I have tried it on a PC and a MAC and both display the imported video footage in the same 'dull' way.

I hope this helps.

Ok here is a couple total stabs in the dark, this is all I can really do. The camera screen may not be calibrated to show an accurate depiction of what the camera is actually producing. It could be set with saturation to high. When you say the picture is perfect on a television again the TV could be set at an over saturation (very common). OR the reverse could be true the screen on the computers could be set at an under saturation.
    I don't know if there is a saturation setting in the software you are viewing this could also not be set correctly or set to play at a reduced quality level.

Either way, just copying from the camera to a computer can not reduce a video colour saturation.

I think I'm developing a theme which is, make sure all the equipment you are using is properly calibrated for brightness/darkness/contrast/colour etc....

Hope this helps in some way.

Thanks very much for your advice - I really appreciate it. I will look at the calibrations and see if it works.

Thanks again.