Thread: Menu linking..and blurry menu..Studio 12

Default Menu linking..and blurry menu..Studio 12

I was trying to create 2 menus, one for the home screen (which would have Play movie or scene selection, then the second which would have the different chapters) I created the chapter one first to make sure that I was able to insert the chapter flags to divide up my chapters. It also allowed me to add in the "main menu" so I thought i was doing great...well when i went to burn on a disc it says unable to burn to disc becuase your menus are not linked? Help! I cant figure out how to link them? So i need to link the play movie, scene selection and all of the chapter buttons, any idea what im doing wrong? I thought that when i added the chapter flags it would link it, but it doesnt.

I was able to create a movie without any chapters, but when i try to add the menus and chapters it doesnt work, so obviously Im doing something wrong.

Also my menu quality is extremely blurry? does anyone know how to fix this?

Basic Problems:
    -Having 2 menus
    -linking the menus with the video
    -blurry menu

Unless Pinnacle has updated it's DVD menu system since v10.8, I don't think you can have a 2 page menu like you described. You can have 2 pages of chapters or even more if needed but not a front page which has play or scene selection options on it.

Like I said if they have updated it since my version then great.

The blurry menu seems to be a problem others are also having. Some say to download an update patch from Pinnacle and others say this patch doesn't fix the problem. From what I've read it seems like there is some sort of software problem that pinnacle haven't sorted out. Prosably a compatibility issue with some of the many different systems there is, as not everybody has the problem.

There are some other threads which discuss this problem in this section of the forum.

All I can recommend is that you have all the updates you should have, including system and graphics drivers etc.

Good luck.

This feature exists in Sudio Plus versions and higher, but not the basic version
    1. Add a template front menu (play movie, scene selection, music video) and then a secondary menu (chapter 1, chapter 2 etc)
    2. Double click the front menu
    3. Move the slider/scrub bar to the start of the video/film footage
    4. Press the callout/speech bubble button at the bottom of the menu form
    5. The field title now reads 'Play movie'. at this point you could amend the text to read 'Play video' or your choice of wording.
    6. Now press the right arrow to the right of the number and left of the title Play movie.
    7. Number 2 appears and the field goes blank
    8. Make sure the main title is still highlighted or double click it to check. It should be high lighted in a blue colour.
    9. Move the slider/scrub bar to the start of the secondary menu
    10. Press the callout/speech bubble button at the bottom of the menu form
    11. The field title now reads 'Scene Selection'. At this point you could amend the text to read your choice of wording.
    12. Now press the right arrow to the right of the number and left of the title Scene Selection.
    13. Number 3 appears and the field goes blank
    14. Make sure the main title is still highlighted or double click it to check. It should be high lighted in a blue colour.
    Continue as required.
    Hope this helps - good luck