Thread: Bleeding Video

Default Bleeding Video

I captured some hockey video in Vegas Pro 8 using the HDV 1080i 50 setting, edited it and rendered it as an mpeg 2...m2t... using the 1080i 50 template. But the video is shiny and appears to be streaking or "bleeding" (especially the reds). It looks fine when the players are standing still, but not when they're moving around. The unedited captured clips look fine in Windows Media Video and VLC. Anybody know how to correct this problem?

Blog Entries

Only a hunch - field order (is this the same on your captured footage, your project settings and your render settings?

(And I've deleted you duplicate post for tidyness sake)
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by paloew View Post
    I captured some hockey video in Vegas Pro 8 using the HDV 1080i 50 setting, edited it and rendered it as an mpeg 2...m2t... using the 1080i 50 template.
    Good, with you so far . . .

But the video is shiny and appears to be streaking or "bleeding" (especially the reds).
    When? AFTER Render? You haven't been clear if you are seeing this in PRE-render or JUST POST-render? Have you?

The unedited captured clips look fine in Windows Media Video and VLC. Anybody know how to correct this problem?
    - So, just what DOES it look like on the Vegas timeline? You haven't said? I'm thinking that you wouldn't have bothered rendering IF it was looking like this?