Thread: Slow motion camcorders

Smile Slow motion camcorders

Hi all
    Iím a top level tennis coach and need a slow motion camcorder for video analysis. Itís for all strokes but mostly for the service action.
    It needs to offer more than 3 seconds which is useless to me.

Can anyone offer any advice of the current camcorders up to £800 that have slow-mo functions?

A Panasonic HVX201 will film at 50fps and play back instantly at 25fps if you record onto a P2 card. You can get about 30mins of HD footage on a 32Gb card. This is the cheapest camera I know of that can do this. (£4000) There may be others I only know of this one.

However most cameras can record at normal speed and then slowdown the footage in post production.

Blog Entries

Have a look at this Sanyo Xacti VPC-HD2000 Review - Camcorder Reviews - TrustedReviews I couldn't see a limit on how long you can record at 240fps but I may have missed it. And check out the vid in this thread for a good example of this (or another Xacti) in slo mo http://www.videoforums.co.uk/user-vi...ost-video.html
    Last edited by TimStannard; 12-25-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Have a look at this Sanyo Xacti VPC-HD2000 Review - Camcorder Reviews - TrustedReviews I couldn't see a limit on how long you can record at 240fps but I may have missed it.
    The limit is on the quality rather than the time. The resultant footage is quite small, but should still be usable for this purpose. There is also an intermediate setting, although off the top of my head I can't remember what it is. I'll have a look later if it's of any help.

Correct that!

The 240fps is at 448x336 pxl but there is an even faster setting of 600fps at 192x108 pxls which is pretty tiny but exceptionally fast/slow!