Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: corel video studio pro x2 burning blu ray

1. Default corel video studio pro x2 burning blu ray

After trying out sony vegas I am now testing corel video studio. Actually I found corel slightly easier to use but that's just me as a newbie to editing.

I imported the mts files - did a little editing and tried to make a blu ray disc.
    The error message I received was that I had to use a proper blu ray disc - is this correct for corel as I know for short movies an ord dvd disc will burn blu ray.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Instead of using blue-ray preset use the AVCHD it will give you about 30 Min's at the highest quality HD on a DVD it works fine with a lot of blue ray players good luck,

Bryan

3. Default

Thanks very much for the advice. I'll give it a go. Is AVCHD the same quality output as Blu Ray.........

Hi, When you use Corel for making AVCHD DVD videos it uses the h264 codec so the qaulity is as high as you can get, check in the options section of the AVCHD section and slide the qaulity adjustment to 100% or it might default to 70% which is fine if you want to get more than 30mins on a 4.7GB DVD.

Bryan

5. Default

Hello
    Please could you tell me where the options/avchd/section is ...
    Finish editing/click share at the top of the screen/click create disc & choose avchd but where are the options please.

Just to check if I can when you save the mts files after editing they are stored away as .vsp files - is that okay...

Thanks again

Sorry got it wrong it is called Project Settings and is at the bottom of the first page that comes up after you selected Share/Create Disc/AVCHD, you will find it at the bottom on the left hand side next to the Settings and option, then you select "Change MPEG Settings"/Customize/Compression that's were you find the slider to put it to 100% quality.

Now the VSP files are just a reference to were the MTS files are stored it is an edit decision list that contains all the instructions on were the files are and how they are to be used, if you move the MTS files or any other file like avi or mpg etc and then try to load the VSP files it will ask you were they are so you can re-link them, if you rename any file after you have made the VPS file it will do the same and you will have to re-link them.

Hope I got it right this time, good luck.

Bryan

7. Default

Thanks again for the help. Found the slider which was set at 90%

at the bottom on the left hand side next to the Settings and option, then you select "Change MPEG Settings"/Customize/Compression that's were you find the slider to put it to 100% quality ---

the frame size was set at standard 1440 x 1080 - should I change this to 1920 x 1080 - anything else to fiddle with or should I leave well enough alone.........

I take it this is the best/easiest option for mts files to avchd to play on a blu ray player without investing in a blu ray burner & discs etc. I thought I read somewhere you could burn mts files as a blu ray format on standard discs on a standard burner but just for very short movies owing to limited space.

Cheers

PS I have also read that you would be hard put to tell the difference between blu ray & avchd on the screen......

If you are capturing at 1920x1080i I'd stay with that resolution but if offers to do a smart render don't allow it, if you see any options for smart render switch them off or you will find it does strange things at the edit points between clips, like jumping back a frame or putting in extra frames, other than that it's a good program.

I don't know much about how Blue-ray players work with MTS files, it would probably depend on the player, something like a PS3 might handle them, I tried one last year but found it played badly from the hard drive so returned it and bought a Western Digital HD Media player for about a third of the price, it connects by HDMI or composite to the TV and works with any USB2 device, I have it connected to a 500GB USB2 HDD and it works with most file formats (MTS m2ts mpg wmv etc) music and photos.

The quality from Blue-ray can be lower than AVCHD it all depends on the codec that's used, if blue-ray uses mpeg2 instead of h264 it will be lower quality than AVCHD h264, unless you double the bit-rate for the Blue-ray even then I think the AVCHD h264 gives the better result, I'm only talking about encoding from MTS files, it's just what I've found from experiments I've done with Corel Pro X2.

Bryan

9. Default

Thanks very much for all your help.
    I've twigged it - about the resolution setting - the camera captures in that mode at it's highest quality recording mode but not on the lower settings so I could use 1920 x 1080i.
    I appreciate your advice - thanks again.

Hi, I'm new to this forum here. Please forgive me for not knowing where to even ask question.
    I need help for using the corel videostudio pro x2. I'm making a DVD slideshow with the software. Finished everything (the tilting, the adding of the music tracks etc.), and ready for the last step--outputting to DVD. The program just stopped right about 5% of the converting file! I tried it again and again about half dozen times. I even un-installed/ re-installed the softwar and downloaded the patches from Corel. Tried again and it stopped @ 5% mark! The error message says" Corel VideoStudio has stopped working. Window will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". This is so frustrating. I'm about to throw the whole thing out of the window!
    Dear "Wondering-free", you seems an expert. Please help me. Thank you.
    lbabusis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast