Thread: Picture repeating in Vegas?

Default Picture repeating in Vegas?

Hey guys, I'm new here. I've played with Vegas for a few months now, and have decided to start making high-def youtube vids but I've got a couple of problems. The first one, I've found out is a common one with the sound. But I think I'll be able to fix that. My REAL problem is with the picture. See, when I import my clip, it comes out funny on the screen.

I don't know how to describe it. The picture, repeats itself. Instead of filling out the whole widescreen, the video parameter will end and start again. Like so

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Here's my specs

using an Insignia NS-DV1080P camera
    Transfering videos via USB. Not capturing, but importing files.
    Files are .AVI
    videos are in HD format. 1920x 1080

I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 9.0

You're going to need to supply MORE info. A better screen shot of your timeline would help? And just what IS that RED embellishment? I have no idea what it is you are trying to draw my attention to.

Get a better/more informative screen grab and I am almost certain there is a solution-driven reason for it.

Is there a little 'saw tooth' on the top of the clip, visible on the timeline? If so, you've just dragged the edge past it's natural length, and it's looping.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

I think we need the info Grazie is after. My assumption was totally different from yours, Archie. I assumed we were looking at the preview window!

As Grazie sez Tim, unless we get a screen shot, it's just a stab in the dark. Could also be those damn ragged edges that you get from HDV capture.

Kujo, are your project properties set properly for the type of file you're working with?

I would think so. Here's a full screenshot

Hey Grazie, I uploaded a screen shot if you wanna' take a look. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I've never had this problem with my old camera before.

Well, for starters, you have submitted a screen grab that does not reveal ALL the event in the timeline. When you are asking a question about revealing what is going on, why submit a screen-grab that doesn't reveal to us ALL of the event? At best you are showing us 4.5 seconds of a much longer Event? I don't understand?

I want to know your Project settings and your Media format.

How have you setup viewing the Timeline Events? "All" of your event or another option?

What does this look like when you view it in the Vegas Trimmer window, or another application - eg Widnows Media Player (if it will open in that).