Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mpeg2 rendering problem

Default mpeg2 rendering problem

Hi guy's, I'm new here, I was wonder if anyone can help me with a rendering problem with Sony Vegas Pro 9c. I've tried to render a 45 min clip from avi to mpg. After 4 attempts, I've finally got it to complete the render BUT it has ended up with the sound gradually going out of sync with the video.

My sound settings for the render are 16 bit PCM 48MHz. I chose this setting because Sony said it's more compatible with PAL DVD players.

My video settings are 720 x 576, progressive, one pass, best quality. I can't remember the rest. The project size was 1028 x 720.

If you need any more info just ask me and I can look it up when I get home.

Does anyone have any setting tips to help prevent this type of problem ?

2. Default

It's not 4/01 already...

In English that would be April 1st. No, I really do have this problem.

I'm new to using Sony Vegas and all though options make me dizzy.

I suspect it's just my tiered computer but if there are any settings that can help prevent it from happening I'd like to know.

4. Default

Sorry about the smart reply...thought it was a joke of some sort...Can't help on this...Good luck

No worriers, it was a kind of a joke as I'm not new to the forum. AND nearly ever thread seems to start with "I'm new".

A couple of things I've found out so far on this is:-
    1. Sony default PAL DVD settings does not correlate with the advice in the help. Thanks Sony.

2. Even if there is a sync problem in one DVD player it may not occur in another one, Different makes of DVD players read the files in different ways this causes the different DVD players to play the same DVD in different ways. AND that's about as technical as I get on this.

Blog Entries

Hmmm. I've never experienced this problem and I always render avi to mpeg2 using the default PAL Widescreen settings but with double pass.

The only difference I have is my source avi is always 720x576.

Also my individual films are 15 mins at max so maybe not long enough for sync issues?
    Tim

That may be the pertinent point Tim, I normally have short 10 min films and this one is 45 mins. Do you think the length could be the problem. ie more chance of it going out of sync if the project is longer. I would normally use double pass setting to help with the quality but because of the "unknown errors" I was having I went for a single pass.

One thing I tried last night was to render just the beginning (45 seconds) which had a title, FX and a fade, this meant I could delete the original and put the rendered section on the main time line enabling me to just have one video and one audio track. This helped with the rendering time by almost cutting it in half. I was amazed that just removing the title track could do that.

I haven't had time to look at the result yet but at least there were no errors. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Do you think the length could be the problem. ie more chance of it going out of sync if the project is longer.
    Anything's possible in the dark world of encoding

When you said you were encoding from an avi I assumed your completed film had already been rendered as an avi. Clearly not asyou were adding titles.

I've always rendered MPEGs from a completed avi. Just mentioning as this is another difference.
    Tim

Just to clarify I captured from the camera as an avi. and put that on the time line apart from a trim and fade at the beginning and end there was no editing done on the video. I just trimmed and put a title and FX at the beginning and end. The only work I did was on it was the sound which is terrible. (which is an improvement from the original)

Stood at the back of the school hall, using camera mic, 5 - 7 year olds not projecting there voices, every time they walked on the stage it sounded like a heard of elephants etc...lol

I was trying to produce a DVD that the school PTA could use to make money for the school but because the sound is so rubbish, I've decided not to go down that route.

Anyway, thanks for the input Tim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast