Thread: Edit a video of a head to make it look like its turned 360 degrees??

1. Default Edit a video of a head to make it look like its turned 360 degrees??

Hey guys,

Do you know if it is possible to make a video of a human head look as if it has turned 360 degrees round?

I'd expect after effects would do this but i'm really not sure so i'm open to all suggestions =)

Thanks
    Chris

Please, could you explain better. Do you mean turning a 3d object through 360 degrees? Which co-ordinate, X,Y or Z? Are you working from a single image, a collection of images or a movie?

3. Default

Sorry, i meant a real image/video of a head rotating as it usually would (left to right) but so that it goes all the way round in one motion for a creepy kinda effect.

Thanks
    Chris

Well if you want the Exorcist effect. You could do what they did which was to build a false body stick the talents head out the top of it and turn them around. Another way is to lock your camera on a tripod. Film the talent sat on swivel chair while wearing a green screen suit up to the neck and slowly turn them. Then shoot them in the same position with a green screen mask over their head, not moving.

Join the two parts together in editing. I think you would have to be pretty skillful to get this to look real.

Good luck.

I'd be tempted to add a couple of bits to that. Talent with head turning to one side, and talent with head turning from the opposite side back to the front.
    That way you get the neck muscles doing the right thing and only have to worry about blending the head as it's turned away from the camera!

It would be an interesting excercise......

I didn't even think of that Ian BUT what do neck muscles look like when the head is looking 180 degrees the wrong way. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    BUT what do neck muscles look like when the head is looking 180 degrees the wrong way. lol
    Probably quite stretched!! Or maybe 'Tight'!!

8. Default

Thanks guys =)

I think this may be a little too advanced for me =P
    But if i do ever get it to work i will post it on here for sure.

Thanks
    Chris