Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help with the size of the video file??

Exclamation Please help with the size of the video file??

Greetings to all ..

I have worked on it a video editing program sony vegas pro 8
    Size after editing 5.91 GB
    Dvd pal format
    And duration of two and a quarter

I want to be less in size, but the same format
    Burn to a CD-dvd

Blog Entries

Assuming you want to burn it to a DVD (not a CD) and assuming you've created an MPEG-2 file, 5.91GB for a 2.25 hour video is perfectly normal.
    And it will fit on a DUAL LAYER DVD.

Alternatively, if you want to get it on a 4.7GB Single Layer DVD, you'll need to play around with the settings for the MPEG encoding. Start off by reducing the average bit rate (assuming VBR). It's all a compromise between quality & size.
    Tim

Try burning a DVD RW ( I use a rewritable for testing!) with a Constant Bitrate of 4.096 mb/sec. This'll consume the best part of 4.6gb of a DVD, leaving some 300mbs for graphics - people always forgetting graphics! This ALSO assumes that your audio is combined as part of the video, and not AC-3?

The alternative is to experiment with an Average Bitrate of 4.1 mb/sec with a minimum setting of 2.5 and a maximum of 7.3. This'll consume 6.96 of a 4.7 DVD platter. It's a bit of a tight fit.

So, as you can see, the other part of the Quality<>Size balance is the option to use CBR and VBR. If you have a lot of visual noise then forcing a higher bit for the sections which ARE noisy maybe necessary. But if you have not so noisy visuals, then you can most probably go for a lower bitrate and have most DVD players not fidget and get their underwear knotted-up!

See if you get any blips with these 2 alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Try burning a DVD RW ( I use a rewritable for testing!) with a Constant Bitrate of 4.096 mb/sec. This'll consume the best part of 4.6gb of a DVD, leaving some 300mbs for graphics - people always forgetting graphics! This ALSO assumes that your audio is combined as part of the video, and not AC-3?

The alternative is to experiment with an Average Bitrate of 4.1 mb/sec with a minimum setting of 2.5 and a maximum of 7.3. This'll consume 6.96 of a 4.7 DVD platter. It's a bit of a tight fit.

So, as you can see, the other part of the Quality<>Size balance is the option to use CBR and VBR. If you have a lot of visual noise then forcing a higher bit for the sections which ARE noisy maybe necessary. But if you have not so noisy visuals, then you can most probably go for a lower bitrate and have most DVD players not fidget and get their underwear knotted-up!

See if you get any blips with these 2 alternatives.

Thank you
    Possible to show me pictures

Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post

Possible to show me pictures
    On which part exactly? What is your question and what don't you understand?

This part
    I did not understand because I am a novice in sony vegas pro
    I want you to explain to me the best pictures

Thank you dear

Precisley which part of my description, you copied back at me, don't you understand?

Precisley which part of my description, you copied back at me, don't you understand?

yes
    I want more images illustration

Hah! My mistake!!! - I should have said: "This'll consume approximately 4.6 of a 4.7 DVD platter. " Fool . . . . .

HTH?

Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    yes
    I want more images illustration
    - Of what? Which part?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast