Thread: Standard Sceen to Wide Screen - Possible ?

Default Standard Sceen to Wide Screen - Possible ?

Hi.
    I've commenced filming a music video , but unfortunately I forgot to switch my Camcorder to Wide Screen on it's Camera Set functions.
    I've fiddled about in Premiere 6 and have tried to see if there may have been some way of cropping and resizing my footage to fit it's Wide Screen edit page while still retaining my footage's Aspect Ratio and original proportions ... but I don't think it's possible is it ?
    Looks like I'll have to re shoot the lot ?
    If so, luckily it's all at an early stage so I can easily re shoot, though I'm very happy what I've shot so far.

Premmie6.

It's a real shame you couldn't just do it by enlarging the image to fit the sides. I guess you start chopping off peoples heads or something. You can alter the ratio but only by making people look short and fat. A bit like I look normally.

One idea which may or may not work for you is to have an enlarged (to fit 16:9 screen) with a blurred version on one track and then overly your 4:3 version on top. I've seen stills framed this way.

Good luck with your shoot.

[QUOTE=Midnight Blue;128788]It's a real shame you couldn't just do it by enlarging the image to fit the sides. I guess you start chopping off peoples heads or something. You can alter the ratio but only by making people look short and fat. A bit like I look normally.

One idea which may or may not work for you is to have an enlarged (to fit 16:9 screen) with a blurred version on one track and then overly your 4:3 version on top. I've seen stills framed this way.

Good luck with your shoot.

Thanks Midnight, ....reckon I'll re shoot huh ? In fact I started last night.
    You may agree that if you don't commence the procedure correctly first, all manner of alternatives are not really as good ..?
    Pity to hear that it can't be resized...not to worry, cheers and thanks.