Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summat 2 pull 2 bits

Default Summat 2 pull 2 bits

The Alleys, a young family band with their first recording. Done in my mates shed last Sunday.

I can't believe that voice came from that little girl.

They don't do bad for their age MB.
    They all belong to the same family. They write and perform their own material which is pretty good now and will no doubt improve as they get older and more practised.

She's 13. the guitarists 12 & 14 and the drummer believe it or not only 9.

Watch out music world the Alleys are coming.

Blog Entries

The sync problems with the girl's voice spoiled it a little - was this a YT thing?
    Other than that I thought the whole look of the video was perfect for the musical content. Something polished and full of fancy lighting and/or effects simply would not have looked right. It's a simple song and the rawness of the video matches it well.

The use of the PIP effects came in at just the right time to add something new to the video.

Possibly I'd have like to have seen a few more shots of plugging in jacks, twiddling knobs, tuning etc, but you had a very good mix of shots as it was.

I certainly think you captured the feel.

But that girl's voice! Who on earth let her drink and smoke so much at such a tender age? I'd love to hear her have a crack at "Mercedes Benz".
    Tim

Default 2 pull 2 bits

Sync on the file is absolutely spot on. This YT thing is a flipping pain. Still trying to find a way around it. Has anyone got a remedy so sort it?

Aye 12 years old and 40 a day. 12 going on 25....A sweet kid though.

6. Default

Wow this takes us back to forming a band in our teens, rehearsing in sheds, garages, bedrooms, trying to record demos, being so earnest & serious about it all.
    The drummer was always too loud so we built a cave out of mattresses for him & his kit to deaden the sound. In the middle of summer in a sweltering hot room he'd crawl in there in his underpants & emerge 2 hours later a stone lighter & looking like he'd just come out of the shower!
    An enjoyable video to watch & as said previously the style of it was just right for the stage they're at musically . Something fancy wouldn't have looked right.
    They probably wont get anywhere like the rest of us but being in a band is so good for teenagers, gives them a positive interest, working together as a unit, striving towards a goal, creating rather than the easy options of just using & destroying.
    Oh & making videos of them, is good for oldies aswell!

Sarah & Allison & Tina
    Last edited by Sarah & Allison; 12-14-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Too plodding for the music - looked like a funeral video not a pop video.

Avoid daft wipes - avoid fades unless they ' speak' . Needs much faster vibe and some grading / colour work. Needs to look more punchy than the bland raw look - I assume it is raw ?

Really close macro stuff is great for stuff like this.

The pip is good when used with thought - this looked half baked and just thrown in as you were filling time.

Note - I am blunt as a rule - praise is of no help.

Quote Originally Posted by vertovian View Post
    - looked like a funeral video .
    LOL....,.

wedding and funeral videos our speciality

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    LOL....,.

wedding and funeral videos our speciality
    Dont get me started on that - lols.

Above - about yt sound.

You must NEVER EVER end or start with silence - that will throw the sync way off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast