Thread: Sony vegas pro 9 - cant burn a good dvd

1. Default Sony vegas pro 9 - cant burn a good dvd

im having trouble using dvd architect and burning dvds. first i was importing uncompressed avi's into architect and burning dvd's. i thought architect would to the compression to mp2. so then i found out i have to do the compression in vegas pro. but its not working. what properties and preferences do i go with.

I ONLY NEED DVD, NOT BLU RAY. but i want the highest quality possible.

when i do render from vegas pro in mp2 dv widescreen pal(default) and mp2 dv widescreen pal(sony vegas architect) the files are rendered successfully but without audio?

what am i doing wrong?

When you've selected Mainconcept PAL widescreen, click on 'custom'. Go to the audio tab, and tick the "include audio" box. You can then save that as a custom template by naming it, and clicking on the save icon.

You can also render the audio seperately as Dolby Digital if you prefer. Add it to the MPEG2 in DVDA.

If you don't want to do the above, just drop your AVI into DVDA, and it'll render both the audio and video at the "make DVD" stage.

3. Default

thanks. the audio is sorted but i must be doing something wrong when rendering from vegas pro. ive got crystal clear avi's but when i render as Main Concept MPEG2, template- DVD Architech PAL widescreen video stream, the movie is shakey/blurry.
    Is there something in the custom setting i have to do?
    i tried importing an avi into windows DVD maker with the same result.

Blog Entries

If you're viewing it on a PC I'm not surprised. Those settings are optimised for playing back on a DVD player/TV. What's it look like on a domestic DVD player/TV?
    Tim

5. Default

i was viewing it on a domestic dvd player/tv. still shakey and blurry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seawasp View Post
    i was viewing it on a domestic dvd player/tv. still shakey and blurry
    OK. Was just checking.
    Can you burn a "good" DVD using ANY software from ANY source?
    Tim

7. Default

if i import it into my friends pinnacle studio i seem to have no problems making DVD's.

"Shaky/blurry" usually points towards a field order problem. Is the source footage PAL as well? If you play the new file in say windows media player, does it look shaky/blurry? If not, there's something going wrong when importing into DVDA.

Hi Seawasp

The biggest issue people have with Vegas 9 is that they are editing HD footage which has the Upper Field order first whilst SD DVD footage has the Lower Field order first.

If indeed you are editing anything except 720x576 DV AVI files then you HAVE to let Vegas 9 de-interlace the footage first in project settings. For a 1440x1080 50i source set the deinterlace to "interpolate" and the render to "best"
    Then use the MPEG2 PAL DVD preset and you should get pretty much perfect settings. You can let DVDA do the rest but I personally use a third party authoring package (DVD Lab) which gives me stunning results and certainly no problems.

Chris

Getting off the subject a bit. How much of a learning curve is DVD lab Chris? And, does it do Bluray? DVDA is really p***ing me off lately.