Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Shicehouse" - My 1st music-video

Default "Shicehouse" - My 1st music-video

Hi everybody

This seems a very nice community to me. I have just recorded a music video of our band "Shicehouse" from Germany with a very lousy Sony Handycam. The music was recorded in my sleeping-room - nonetheless I'm a bit proud on the result, but very interested in feedback.

Pimp our link if you like it or/and at least enjoy our recent interpretation of x-mas in hard times hihi

The original screen size was 16:9, but youtube however distorted it. They seem to have problems with the PAL standard....

Have a nice X-mas and see you soon!!!
    Last edited by ZedsDead; 12-08-2009 at 03:10 PM.

I can relate to this

Blog Entries

That was great.
    Unexpectedly upbeat twist at the end.
    You have an eye for telling a story.
    Only really bad bit that jumped out at me was the jump cut at 1.25
    If you seriously want feedback rather than views, post this in the "User Vids" section.
    Tim

So good I played it twice! Nice one fellers. This is a proper music video. Good song, Good story, The main thing is that it communicates the tone of the song perfectly.

Thank you all for your very fast and very kind feedback! I can't believe the film made a point in this high quality forum.

I guess I would change a lot of things, if I could record the thing again:

One is the shaky footage I produced, because most times I was too lazy to put the camera on the stand. I had the idea I could correct it digitally, but failed....

At 1:25 I desperately wanted the F***-finger at the end of the drum break, but neither cut nor timeshift could bring a proper result. The best solution would have been to have it filmed against the light, but I had forgotten to take that shoot.....

The very best advice I can give to everybody interested in filming is: Take the time and write/paint a storyboard!!!! I did this before we started the project, but it wasn't too detailled. If I had known e.g. that Santa has to take a close look to the camera, I would have forced our drummer to keep looking at it

There are many more examples - never mind: I am very happy and thank you for your very kind, warm and motivating feedback.
    Last edited by ZedsDead; 12-08-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Talking Nice Vid

Quote Originally Posted by ZedsDead View Post
    Thank you all for your very fast and very kind feedback! I can't believe the film made a point in this high quality forum.

I guess I would change a lot of things, if I could record the thing again:

One is the shaky footage I produced, because most times I was too lazy to put the camera on the stand. I had the idea I could correct it digitally, but failed....

At 1:25 I desperately wanted the F***-finger at the end of the drum break, but neither cut nor timeshift could bring a proper result. The best solution would have been to have it filmed against the light, but I had forgotten to take that shoot.....

The very best advice I can give to everybody interested in filming is: Take the time and write/paint a storyboard!!!! I did this before we started the project, but it wasn't too detailled. If I had known e.g. that Santa has to take a close look to the camera, I would have forced our drummer to keep looking at it

There are many more examples - never mind: I am very happy and thank you for your very kind, warm and motivating feedback.
    Hi
    Your video is fucking cool! The quality is rather nice but the idea and music is great! Good luck and hope for much support

Some peaple were asking us if we could do a "Making Of" - Do you think that would be of interest for anybody.....

I mean: we had very funny recording sessions, but I am not sure if it's emotionally transferrable ...

That's a tricky one. I think if you have a good solid fan base they would love anything you did. BUT as you say what was fun to do may not translate easily to a viewing audience.

I still come back to this thread just to play your song. In my opinion it's the best Christmas record this year.

Have a nice Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I still come back to this thread just to play your song. In my opinion it's the best Christmas record this year.

Have a nice Christmas.
    Looooooove ya for that

Thumbs up

I love the song and looking forward to the next ones!
    Good luck and merry christmas to ya'll!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast