Thread: Music tip for my "commercial video"

Default Music tip for my "commercial video"

Hello

I do not know if this is the right place for this thread, if not, please move it.

I work at one of the largest car manufacturers in the world, in the northern parts of Europe. I am in the process of creating an "internal commercial", where I will present a product, our sportiest model, that we are considering taking into our country. And now I need to convince the board of directors that we should.

I will use a lot of "own material", in this case sequences based on replays in a computer game, with the model intended to be launched.

Anyways, the question at hand is this: I need a piece of music to improve the "feeling" of the movie. The track, of any kind of music really, need to start in a smooth, calm tempo, but with a sudden change of character to a considerably more hardcore after approx 30-60 seconds. Anyone have any suggestions? It may very well be pompous, but I will settle for anything like techno, heavy metal, as long as it is "listenable" also for 50 year old..

The film will be showed to 6-8 people, why I hope I will not have to get the permission of the copyright owner. Anyone know the rules and regulations?

Try this site a lot of their songs start off "gentle" and then move into a more pumping section. My personal favourite is Bring me back to life.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 12-10-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    Anyone know the rules and regulations?
    You WILL need permission. Even if the company has licences which allow the reproduction of music within the building, this will NOT include "sync rights" which is what you are talking about here - where you incorporate a piece of music into another piece.
    Why not buy a piece of production music? There's absolutely loads out there which you can sample first. You're probably looking at < $50 whcih I wouldn't have thought would stretch your budget much.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    You WILL need permission. Even if the company has licences which allow the reproduction of music within the building, this will NOT include "sync rights" which is what you are talking about here - where you incorporate a piece of music into another piece.
    Why not buy a piece of production music? There's absolutely loads out there which you can sample first. You're probably looking at < $50 whcih I wouldn't have thought would stretch your budget much.
    Damn, but it was what I suspected. My budget is my time, and all expenses I have to pay myself, I see it as a investment to be able to show something professional. I have some kind of soundtrack program included in the Vegas Movie Studio Platinum, perhaps I can use that... ... or not.