Thread: Render Issue - Vegas Pro 9

Wink Render Issue - Vegas Pro 9

Hello all,

Of course I'm new here.

I'm using Vegas Pro 9. My problem is that when I export video I cannot seem to play back certain parts of the video (I see only static, like an old school vhf signal then player crashes). I've cut clips from the episodes I want to use with VDubMod.

My clips import fine and play in preview window with spliced audio and transitions no problem at all. Problem is when I 'Render As' Uncompressed AVI with HuffyYUV codec the scenses from 1st set of clips show "No recompression required" in preview window as video is rendered and I have the above problem when trying to play the video. I've selected each clip that I'm having trouble with and chosen "Switches > Force Resample" but I still see the above message while rendering and have the same issue. Transitions between clips in the 1st set of the sequence render fine, but when it gets past the crossfade/FX, I see frames and hear audio then it cuts out.

If anyone knows what may be happening or can help me in any way it would be much appreciated. I know I've been somewhat vague in my project/render settings but I don't really know what may or may not matter or affect what I'm doing. I'd be glad to follow up with any info needed to help resolve my problem and further my experience in video edititing.

Thanks,
    Sparky

Have you updated to the latest version of Pro? 9.0b or something I think it is.

That would be 9.0c

No I hadn't upgraded at first. After your posts I checked and upgraded to 9.0c *Build 896). Opened project again and rendered again with above settings. Same no recompression required at the problem clips and final video had the same issue as well. I Selected 'Switches > Force Resample' (on each slip that wasn't being recompressed) in hopes that it wouldn't skip recompression even if Vegas saw it fit but I'm not sure that's the right spot, and of course still no effect.

Blog Entries

Do you still have this problem if you create a project with JUST ONE of the troublesome clips? Just trying to narrow the problem down...
    Tim

Default Clips

Yes, turns out making a new project with any of just those clips has the same problem. I didn't change anything this time such as audio track volume or fade anything in or out.

My project is 640x480, 23.976fps, Progressive Scan, 1.0 Square Pixels, No-Interlace, Motion Blur: Gaussian, Full-Res Render: Best, Pixel Format: 8-Bit. Source footage is 512x384, Progressive, 23.976fps so the only difference I can see is the final resolution. Plus all the other sets of clips were cut with the same settings in VDubMod, so I'm not sure what may be missing that's making Vegas recompress all the clips but the first set.

Thanks for the help,
    Sparky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sparkysan View Post
    Plus all the other sets of clips were cut with the same settings in VDubMod, so I'm not sure what may be missing that's making Vegas recompress all the clips but the first set.
    I can't help thinking there must be a difference in the setings from VDubMod somewhere. Could you run GSpot (free download) against a "good" clip and a "bad" clip and see if that shows any differences?
    Tim

Default Resolved

Got it^^. Thanks for the GSpot recommendation; I haven't used it before but already love it lol. I checked the first set of clips and it looked alright (framerate, huffy encoding, audio etc.) so it made me wonder at first. When I checked the second set of clips and so on I noticed that apparently the latter ones weren't encoded with HuffyYUV, but instead were all uncompressed RGB.

I started making the 1st set of clips one day and made the others later in the week, and realized VDubMod doesn't save my last used codec. It reverted to the default RGB Uncompressed. I took the first set of clips back into VDubMod and batched them out to uncompressed RGB and just overwrote the old ones and reopened Vegas.

All went normal (just rebuilt peaks automatically), rendered fine and played perfectly. Recompressed to XVid and direct streamed my compressed audio into it and can distro now^^.

Thanks again for the help,
    Sparky

Blog Entries

Excellent. See, I knew you were lying
    Seriously, it's great when you keep picking away at something which seems impossible and then finally you get a result. Nine times out of ten I plug away then give up!
    Tim