Thread: Dazzle problem

Default Dazzle problem

I'm having trouble editing video after it is taken from tape and downloaded to the hard drive. none of my editing software will import the files.. Any suggestions?. Thanx

What are the deatails ? file type, software, etc.....

Once I copy the VHS tape through the Pinnacle software to DVD or the hard drive, I can't figure out how to import the VOB and ViIDEO_TS files into The editng software(Windows Movie Maker or Arcsoft Media impression). I can, however import other files such as from my digital cameras. Every time I open a window to import a file from a folder containing the VIDEO_TS os VOB files, they don't show up in the window.... I'm new at this so I can't figure it out... I was going to try buying software to see if that would work.

Do you have the option to save the VHS as a .avi file ? This is one of the formats that Windows Movie Maker will accept. It will also accept .mpg files which is what a vob file is on a DVD, so this might (I've never tried it) work change the ***.vob file name to a ***.mpg. WMM may now accept the file. Be careful when changing file names if you are not sure what you are doing, you should make a backup copy before doing anything with it.

You could also try converting the vob file to an mpg or avi with a free video converter from the internet.

Another option is to try capturing the VHS tape straight into WMM through your Dazzle thingy, if thats possible.

I don't have a Dazzle and I've never tried any of the above but if you have no other replies you could try some of the above.