Thread: Locking exposure xha1s

Default Locking exposure xha1s

Hey all. Just a quick question. I use to have the Canon Hv30 and there was a way to lock the exposure involving pointing the camera at a bright, white background and pressing a button. This would then keep a nice 1.6 no matter where you shot, completely eliminating any gain (as well significantly darkening the image). This made it possible to shoot candles in a dark room with brilliant results. My question is: Is there any similar way to do this on the Xha1s? I've tried the exposure lock button, but it won't lock. It just goes right back up to 2.8 and so on when I shoot dark areas. Thanks a ton for any help guys!

Blog Entries

One way is to put it on "M" and set the aperture and shutter manually. It will stay as set until you change it.

The other way is to press the "Exposure lock" button which is not a "press and hold" button but press once to turn on, press again to turn off.

It sounds to me like you're using the longer end of the zoom. Don't forget the XHA1 has f1.6 on the wide angle setting but only f3.4 at the telephoto end of the zoom. so, even if you set f1.6 on the wide, if you zoom the lens can only open to its maximum available aperture which may well be f2.8 at the zoom setting you've chosen.

Blog Entries

Don't mention it...

It's not like I had anything else to do rather than look in the manual and try it out on my own camcorder.

You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer View Post
    Don't mention it...
    I know I've been there many times. BUT think of it as a good dead, building up good karma point for you next life.