Thread: Metallica and Bob Segar Mix

Default Metallica and Bob Segar Mix

Sorry but I only lasted a few seconds on this one.

Slides need movement
    Static is boring
    Held too long
    If its your first attempt then ok but by using a bit of movement i.e. zoom and pan it can be a lot better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpfarmer View Post
    If its your first attempt then ok
    Sorry Shrimpy, I have to disagree with you. It's not OK at all.

I know we want to encourage so I'll try to put a positive twist on each of my comments:

1. You've used photos taken by other people: consider using your own material.
    2. You've used music written by and performed by other people for which I suspect you dont have the rights: consider using production music, obtaining the rights (it'll be too expensive). writing your won
    3. As Shrimpy says - use pans & crops to generate movement.
    4. You've simply gone through your repertoire of transitions. It's truly horrible: "Proper" films tend use only straight cuts with occasional dissolves. Very rarely a film will use something else (eg Spielberg occasionally used wipes). "Video" or "TV" type material, which this is more akin to, may well use transitions, but you'll find they tend to use the same two or three transitions throughout the piece. Your use of transitions becomes very distracting.
    Tim

That's aright Tim because we are actually in agreement there is not a fag paper between us.

I guess it was more an exercise in blending the two songs than a video. The one positive I can say is the audio blending was ok.

I enjoy metalica music but the stlyes were poorly mixed and didn't go together in my view.

3 minutes (tops) of Metalica would have been acceptable for me to listen to with the visuals off.

The visual transitions were boring!

Ill put it on again and take my puppy out for a pee by which time it should have finished!

thanks for the feedback. Man you guys are tough. lol this is my first video so hope to learn from you guys and get better. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dupree View Post
    thanks for the feedback. Man you guys are tough. lol this is my first video so hope to learn from you guys and get better. Thanks again.
    Hi Brian

Don't take it to heart mate, this is the place to get real feedback, far better than anywhere else I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dupree View Post
    No bullshit here Brian. just good folk passing on genuine opinions. A great place for constructive criticism.