Thread: Import only gets small section of file

Default Import only gets small section of file

When importing a .mov file into Adobe Premiere Elements 7 I'm only getting a short section of it.

When I play the file in Windows Media Player it can access all 47 minutes of the file - but repeated imports in Premiere Elements only gets me 2mins 26 seconds and 10 frames.

This is despite the fact that a different file filmed just before the one above that is an hour long imports the full length without any problem.

I wonder if it is something to do with the indexing having gone wrong somehow - but that is only a vague hunch as I'm baffled why the two near identical files are being treated in different ways.

Sorry - they are both .MOD files rather than mov

Default Resolved

I've done more searching (I did quite a lot before posting) and come across this thread on the Adobe forums:
    Adobe Forums: PE 7 - Mod files from JVC camera...
    It recommends deleting (or at least moving out of the plugins folder) a plugin called ImporterFastMPEG.prm which has certainly helped me.
    There is another suggestion on that thread of renaming it as a .avi file. This fixed the length - but removed all the sound. If you're getting the same problem as me I suggest you try the plugin route.