Thread: What is the expected output size of the exported tape from a full 60 minute DV tape?

1. Exclamation What is the expected output size of the exported tape from a full 60 minute DV tape?

Is that my computer exported around 16GB+ of hard disk space from a full 60 minute DV tape. Now I don't really have alot of hard disk space left and I most certainly do not intend to fill my hard disk space filled with the lossless format.

Plus Im planning to burn the full raw 60 minute into 1 DVD-R.

Is that anyway that I could export my files into smaller size so that I do not have to deal with incredibly huge size? I use Edius 5 and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4.

You could convert them to mpeg2 as this will be what goes onto your DVD anyway. You will have to experiment with the quality setting to get the right file size to fit it all on the DVD.

I know the Edius codecs are quite good at giving good quality but if you really must get all the footage on one disk you may have to compromise a little on quality.

Blog Entries

If you don't intend on editing your video, simply author a DVD from the source video. If that's the case, CS4 is overkill for what you need. Take a look at video help (Guide, How To, Tutorial and Article list - VideoHelp.com) for a list of DV to DVD conversion guides (some using free software).

However, if you're intending to edit, well that's a different story altogether.