Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premiere Pro CS3 snap feature - how?!?

Default Premiere Pro CS3 snap feature - how?!?

Hi all,

I'm trying to turn off the snapping that happens when trying to edit milliseconds of video. I've tried turning off the snap feature but it still snaps to each marker on the timeline. I can't remember, but I swear I had an older version ages ago that let me edit down as far as I want. The reason I need it so accurate is because I'm creating drum beats out of single drum hits so need to the make sure that the audio in each sample is right at the start (no gap to make it out of time)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sad muso View Post
    Hi all,

I'm trying to turn off the snapping that happens when trying to edit milliseconds of video. I've tried turning off the snap feature but it still snaps to each marker on the timeline. I can't remember, but I swear I had an older version ages ago that let me edit down as far as I want. The reason I need it so accurate is because I'm creating drum beats out of single drum hits so need to the make sure that the audio in each sample is right at the start (no gap to make it out of time)

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    You mean you want to expand/zoom in the timeline??? If so, drag the little bar on the bottom left to where you want...hope this helps.

Hi!

I've got a link to a screenshot if this helps describe it better!

Basically the snap is too large so I can't get the audio exactly where I want it!

Hi!

I've got a link to a screenshot if this helps describe it better!

Basically the snap is too large so I can't get the audio exactly where I want it!

Unlink the clip in the CLIP menu so that it seperates the audio from the video......then you should be able to trim the audio sample to where the sound waves start.

Hi again!

Sorry to be a pain, but I've just tried that and it still only lets you snap to the set markers. There MUST be a way to be able to select a position within each of those markers?!

Cheers!

I don't have CS3 but it may be that your project settings are wrong. Try changing them: Project>Project Settings>General>Video to Frame rather than the default Timecode and you should be able to set the drumbeat to the individual frame.
    Just guessing mind you!

Thanks for the response IanA! I had a moot around the options but can't find any way to change those things. :( :( :(

Thanks for the response IanA! I had a moot around the options but can't find any way to change those things. :( :( :(
    Sorry, maybe it's not an option in CS3

I believe the lowest resolution for moving Video (or Audio) tracks in Premiere (I use CS4) is one frame. The screenshop suggests the required move would be around half a frame.

I suggest:

Create a new Sequence, which uses the highest framerate. Put the clip into the new Sequence, make the adjustments, Copy the Audio track from the new Sequence; and Paste it into the original Sequence. It will now appear in it's correctly adjusted time position.
    Don't try moving the audio again; else it will 'snap' back to the original Frames.

I am curious, is the current delay noticeable? What is the current Frame rate?

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I believe the lowest resolution for moving Video (or Audio) tracks in Premiere (I use CS4) is one frame. The screenshop suggests the required move would be around half a frame.

I suggest:

Create a new Sequence, which uses the highest framerate. Put the clip into the new Sequence, make the adjustments, Copy the Audio track from the new Sequence; and Paste it into the original Sequence. It will now appear in it's correctly adjusted time position.
    Don't try moving the audio again; else it will 'snap' back to the original Frames.

I am curious, is the current delay noticeable? What is the current Frame rate?
    Thanks dude! I'll try this tomorrow! To be honest I've not programmed a great deal yet so not sure if it is noticible, it's just that I'm used to programming music with 'tight' samples so thought it'd be the same this time round!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast