Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinnacle studio ultimate 14 preview problem

Default Pinnacle studio ultimate 14 preview problem

Ok, so I have Pinnacle studio 14 ultimate like the title says. I have the Samsung R10 recording in 1920x1080/30p. I set the project preferences to that and set it to full hd preview. However, the preview simply screws up. Freezes, lags, and the sound glitches making it IMPOSSIBLE to edit anything. I have no idea why it's doing this, but it's incredibly frustrating. Any help to solve it would be greatly appreciated.

I think you need to lower the quality of your preview. This should make the preview run smoother don't worry about the loss of picture quality at this stage. When you render your final movie you will have the original 1920x1080p quality.

You need to have a really high spec PC to be able to edit in full HD preview, even if you do have a good PC, this can still be troublesome with some Editing programs.

Hope this helps.

Default Me too!

Help... I am having the same problem. When I try to edit the video using the preview window and the timeline, the video freezes and the audio freaks out. I do not know what to do. Any help is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

MB is absolutely right.

Pinnacle studio is very memory and processor hungry. When you load a new project it asks if you want to use standard or HD. It is very tempting to use HD, but if your PC is not up to it, like my 4 year old antique Dell which wont run Pro Dad, cuz the graphics card is not up to it Try using standard definition. I tired HD and it took ages to render even a transition. And it wouldn't do anything else till it finished doing it. i know that I will need a more powerful PC. to use pinnacle and its full potential.

Hope this helps

I have not seen anything giving me an option. My copy seems to be the HD one... is there a way to change it once it is HD. I bought the program from a site other than pinnacle and I am thinking that was a dumb idea.

Thanks so much

I just did a Google and yes there is SD in Studio 14. My guess is HD has been set as default somewhere in the programme it needs to be changed to SD.
    See this link.

Pinnacle Studio 14 HD, Ultimate and Ultimate Collection | Declic Video

Please let us know how you get on

Regards Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeem View Post
    Ok, so I have Pinnacle studio 14 ultimate like the title says. I have the Samsung R10 recording in 1920x1080/30p. I set the project preferences to that and set it to full hd preview. However, the preview simply screws up. Freezes, lags, and the sound glitches making it IMPOSSIBLE to edit anything. .
    sadly thats pinnacle studio for you ! i cant believe pinnacle are still getting away with this

i had version 8 on my first PC ...... never again.

just read the reviews on Amazon........ if it makes you feel any better hazeem, your not alone.

8. Default

Try saving your work, close the application then reopen your project.

Default any update?

Any update to Hazeems problem? I am having the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by fayeray99 View Post
    Help... I am having the same problem. When I try to edit the video using the preview window and the timeline, the video freezes and the audio freaks out. I do not know what to do. Any help is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    Have you found a solution to this problem? I am having the same problem now. Thanks.
    Last edited by banderaslim; 06-01-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast