Thread: automactic duck FCP/after affects

Default automactic duck FCP/after affects

Well i just got automactic duck which allows you to export your time line into after affects. but i can't get it going. I followed the directions, and it's a no go.
    can anyone help me

There's a bundle of quicktime movies at http://www.automaticduck.com/product...viechoices.php that should lead you through the process.

I've no idea how to use the tool. In fact I never heard of it before but did a google serach and came up witht he above link. hope it helps.

Thanks, but the problem is that I don't have that export option even after I installed the program. thats my problem.

OK, let's go back a step shall we?

Maybe you better tell us what software you are using and what versions you have and what steps you take to get the error you are receiving (or missing option as appropriate).

i.e. what are you trying to export from and what version of AE are you going to import or have I got it round the wrong way.

I'm not familiar with the s/w at all but others here might be so if you let them know your versions and what you are trying to do (step by step please) they might be able to help.

I'm presuming you have gone through the FAQ at http://support.automaticduck.com/otrs/faq.pl

Alternatively, you might be better off contacting their support people.

Also, you had better mention which of the 'duck' plugins you are trying to use.

Your post title mentiones FCP and your text implies you are trying to export but the only plugin with FCP in the title is an import utility and has nothing to do with exporting and nothing to do with After Effects.

The after effects plugin is an importer and so has nothing to do with exporting.

I'm not sure what you are tryign to do here. Where are you going from and to? And what tools and version are you trying to use?

I'm going from fcp#4 into after affects 5.5, but to activate it you must export from fcp. I'm checking out their site for updates and so on. I just finish down loading them. lets see how that goes.. thanks