Thread: A professional unbiased opinion needed.

Default A professional unbiased opinion needed.

First of all I feel the need to apologise for being a bit off with this subject compared to the general theme of the forum. I did insist on asking your opinion because I desperately need a professional opinion on this matter.

This video has begun a national scandal in my country. I want to leave the political details out of this thread, I'm just looking for a neutral professional verdict.

I say this video sparked a huge scandal because some claim it is a fake, and some claim it is not. I have posted this on other forums of the same general areas of interest.

Bare in mind the video is not filmed in the best quality. The whole debate is about the man on the stage who squats at one point and hits the child with his right arm. If you watch it you can't miss it.

LINK:

---

Please watch it in HQ and without the tags.

That is all i ask of you, an unbiased opinion, a helping hand.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by moguay; 11-27-2009 at 10:17 PM.

It is his left hand!

Without seeing the original footage on the original media it was shot anything is possible these days but it looks real to me. However it was not really a hit just a playful tap. You can see by the reaction of the child that he found it funny. The reaction of the man to the left of the boy was a good indicator that it is real. Also the man on the stage has a sly look at the boy to see he got that it was just meant in fun.

A pretty stupid thing to do but as I say it looks real to me.

No the right !

5. Default

it is his left hand, and judging by the rate of the slow motion and compensating... he wouldn't of hit the child hard.. the child stands back, he is not pushed..nor does the blow send him back...as a forensic scientist in training.. i would say that it is a misunderstanding and that it was a playful gesture and not an intent to hurt or maime the indiviudal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty4life View Post
    it is his left hand, and judging by the rate of the slow motion and compensating... he wouldn't of hit the child hard.. the child stands back, he is not pushed..nor does the blow send him back...as a forensic scientist in training.. i would say that it is a misunderstanding and that it was a playful gesture and not an intent to hurt or maime the indiviudal.

Its the right hand the movie is mirrored that's why.

here is the original

LINK:

And about the gesture, everyone agrees that it was harmless but you have to understand that this comes from a country where people in leadership lie to the rest, especially now that there are elections going on.

That's all i have to say, i didn't come here to polute your boards with politics.

Thanks for the opinions and keep them coming if anyone has something more to say either way.

The video has changed since I first saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    The video has changed since I first saw it.

Yeah, the one in my original post is a mirrored version, but at the same time it is the highest quality available.

9. Default

No question he hits the kid...it doesn't look all that playful...what would be the point. If anything..I would say the guy on the stage was agitated by something and took a swat. Also the kid appears to not smile...but have a more nervous laugh reaction...Others looked somewhat confused by it...