Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jump Britain

Blog Entries

Default Jump Britain

Edit: I know a lot of people are clicking here for the Jump Britain DVD. For information the Jump Britain DVD will be available from 06/06/2005 priced 12.99 (2 hours 54 minutes (approx))

I hope that everyone in the UK watched Jump Britain at 10pm on channel 4 tonight... a good example of camera technique and editing!

I watched it, the camera techniques were similar to a lot of Skate videos, to be expected I guess. Edited well to the music.

A bit of a wierd concept the actual jumping around, those crazy kids. Just wait until it gets trendy and everyones sueing the council because they fell off the local fountain and shattered their hip trying to do a "reverse 180 Cat".

Reminded me of: this thread in the User Videos forum from ages ago.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Blog Entries

The angles were indeed a la "skate video", but I think it was a tad more classy (guess it helps if you have access to cranes and the like)... with the angles an shots more thought out. Plus, have you noticed the amount of videos using vignettes these days - a particulat fav of to gear!

Blog Entries

Kids of today are rarely impressed. A few guys at work though parkour to be "rubbish". They particularly considered the jump accross the opening of the millenium stadium to be easy.

I'll let you judge for yourself. Needless to say these people are the very same that think me foolish for going to the gym every day.

Yeah, it was fantastic. I really want to try it, but (a) i'm very clumsy and (b) every bugger will be trying it just now. I'll wait until the masses have forgotten it, and try it in a few months. I used to kinda do stuff like that a few years ago when i used to hang about with some bmx-y skateboard-y guys, but nothing quite as mental as that, and it was just to amuse myself, more than anything. Some of the cuts were very cool. Perhaps we should start a thread about cool shots/cuts/editing in tv and film? Anyone think of some specific examples?

There are some great shots in Elephant (the 200x yank version) and the tarantino section of four rooms is all amazing.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

Blog Entries

I must admit that I recorded it in the knowledge that there'd be some funky camera work and edits. Watched it a few times in the background to get some inspiration I'd like to think people will post comments on the cinematography of both tv and film - I'm a particular fan of the shots used in Channel 4's "Grand Designs" and to a lesser degree those used in top gear. It's nice to see mainstream getting a little more funky. Compare these programmes with the equivalents ten years ago!

On the subject of parkour, my mates tend to laugh at me for running everywhere I go.

I just generally love top gear, but there's some good camerawork in it.

Did you see the derren brown thing the other night? Nice shots in it as well.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

Blog Entries

Darn... new there was something I wanted to watch!

I saw the Derren Brown thing, I liked some of the camera shots, the only ones that really stick in my mind though are the ones of the van-thing he was travelling in.

Top Gear always use filters on the top third of the picture whenever they do a test-drive montage, I think it works quite well, I guess they put them on in software, or do you think they use filters on the cameras?

Also the 1000 frames a second camera stuff in Top gear is cool, did anyone see the darts where they analysed different players throws with the same sort of camera?, that was good too. Darts camerawork is always funny, imagine sitting there all day, your only job is to zoom in slightly when they get 2 treble twenties.

My mates and I used to clown about "freestyle walking" all the time. Some examples, including the "reverse-raynox-fisheye-vignette-technique":
    Stepbystep.wmv- windows media - 4.58 megabites

edited to put working link in.[/u]
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

I know this might be a bit annoying bringing back a old thread..if it is old but i posted a message in another forum regards to camera shooting and this is where the effect i want to do is used. There is some shots in this of the sky where the clouds move over really quickly!! i just need to know a easy way of donig this do i need to film the sky for about an hour or two is that the only way?

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast