Thread: Wanted: super 8 camera ~100

Default Wanted: super 8 camera ~100

Hello,

This may not be the right place to post this, as I'm a total newbie, and you all seem to be talking about quite expensive and professional equipment, but what the hey, someone might have one of these languishing around at the back of a cupboard...

I'm looking for a Super 8 camera with a good lens and single frame function to be used for an independent animated short. My budget is 100, so if anyone has one that fits the bill, or thinks there are more appropriate forums where I could look, that would be amazing!

Thank you,

Suzy

ps I'm located in North London.

Blog Entries

Seriously... look on ebay. You should be able to pick up a Canon 814 for well under that price. Failing that and you've got money to spare a Beaulieu is a great super 8 camera for time-lapse or animation as it has super-steady film transport.

Can you still film for those camers?

Would a normal stills camera not work?

Quote Originally Posted by newanimationproducer View Post
    Hello,

This may not be the right place to post this, as I'm a total newbie, and you all seem to be talking about quite expensive and professional equipment, but what the hey, someone might have one of these languishing around at the back of a cupboard...

I'm looking for a Super 8 camera with a good lens and single frame function to be used for an independent animated short. My budget is 100, so if anyone has one that fits the bill, or thinks there are more appropriate forums where I could look, that would be amazing!

Thank you,

Suzy

ps I'm located in North London.
    hi suzy i've got a few of them, i can take a butchers at what i have available and get back to you. i'm a music photographer and i wanted to shoot some super 8 of the bands, but ended up with more cameras than i need (i think i have 5 in total). you can email me if you would like as well. jazzylemon@yahoo.co.uk.

cheers, jazzy x