Thread: Help!!!!! i want to be more cleverererer

Default Help!!!!! i want to be more cleverererer

Hi to all,
    im sure im not the first and pretty sure not the last,
    im wanting to pick the brains of the experts whom may be using this forum..... ok so im as new as a baby that has just blinked for the first time, what im wanting to know is . . . is it possible to select a piece of video like you can with a jpg. i.e lasso tool so that i may put the video onto a jpg. background? or am i totally out of my depth the video software i have is power director ultra v8 i think?? lol

if this is not possible is it possible that i can do the opposite take say my head off a jpg. and transfer it onto a video clip say of "butterbean" the boxer knocking someone out??
    i'd be so greatful for any help or tips or shoves in a direction that may lead me to my answer thanks in advance people.

Well the answer is Yes it can be done, I'm not familiar with your software so I can say if you will be able to do it. I don't want to give you a load of technical terms that you won't understand. Look in your software help to see if there is anything about masking and tracking. This is where you should start.

One thing I will say is, you would have to do a bit of studying about how to do it for you to stand a chance of doing it. It's not quite as simple as working with still pictures because the object's are moving. Thats why they are called movies.

Good luck.

great stuff thanks for your help if it can be done i will figure it out and buy study do you mean maybe take up a course??

Well the first place I usually go is YouTube. There are lots of film editing tutorials. So if you search for Power director Ultra tutorial this may help get you started.