Thread: How do i get rid of borders in sony vegas 9 pro?

Exclamation How do i get rid of borders in sony vegas 9 pro?

Hi so i just noticed in my videos that my videos had horizontal borders which really made me mad.. Is there any way to get rid of them because i need to get rid of them and get back to making videos.

My problem comes from fraps but.. theres no possible way to fix it so i am trying with sony vegas. when i use sony vegas and i unchecked maintain aspect ratio and unchecked lock aspect ratio then used pan and crop i noticed that in sony vegas there are no borders but when i upload it to youtube it turns out like this.

PLEASE ignore the Weird crap happening in the video just focus on the borders left and right. now i also noticed that when i pan and cropped it anyways to see if it would take the borders even if sony vegas wasnt giving me the borders the borders were static and the video just stretched out more and it cut out the video instead of removing the borders.. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! i love you vary much if you help me

oh i just noticed that when this youtube video was embedded on with auto matic embed media thingy the annoying borders went away.. is it possibly youtube? if so give me a better ratio or resolution or perhaps do i need to adjust the ingame resolution?

2. Default

click on event pan/crop and turn "Maintain aspect ratio" from yes to no.

it will come out like this! =D

but embedded videos that are shown on these forums seem to have borders..so double click the vid to take ya to youtube to watch it propeerly =D

Blog Entries

I don't see any weird borders, just a 4:3 image showing in a space designed for widescreen format.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty4life View Post
    click on event pan/crop and turn "Maintain aspect ratio" from yes to no.

it will come out like this! =D

YouTube - Michael Jackson Ipod Commercial take 2

but embedded videos that are shown on these forums seem to have borders..so double click the vid to take ya to youtube to watch it propeerly =D
    Omg dude your video is awesome but in sony vegas when i look at video preview theres no black borders and when i turn it from to no it stays the same and i even.. Set my pixels to 1.0 Square

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dominichax View Post
    Omg dude your video is awesome but in sony vegas when i look at video preview theres no black borders and when i turn it from to no it stays the same and i even.. Set my pixels to 1.0 Square
    If you'd care to write this in a bit more detail and write punctuate it in sentences that the rest of the English speaking world can understand you might get more help.

Seriously.

I have no idea what you mean by

theres no black borders and when i turn it from to no

I repeat my previous comment that I still see nothing wrong with it in YouTube. You have a 4:3 ratio video. YouTube has a 16:9 frame. You're gonna get borders.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    If you'd care to write this in a bit more detail and write punctuate it in sentences that the rest of the English speaking world can understand you might get more help.

Seriously.

I have no idea what you mean by

theres no black borders and when i turn it from to no

I repeat my previous comment that I still see nothing wrong with it in YouTube. You have a 4:3 ratio video. YouTube has a 16:9 frame. You're gonna get borders.
    there's no black borders and when i turn it from yes to no, locking the aspect ratio.

Ah so i get it now no borders = 16:9, is the 4:3 video somehow able to be turned into 16:9 so i can get rid of the borders or is it depending on me and owning a wide screen. Or my resolution? Thanks sorry for my typing i was in a hurry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dominichax View Post
    t
    Ah so i get it now no borders = 16:9, is the 4:3 video somehow able to be turned into 16:9 so i can get rid of the borders or is it depending on me and owning a wide screen. Or my resolution?
    There are two ways of turning 4:3 into 16:9 but neither are usually satisfactory.
    Either you're going to have to zoom in (in which case you're going to loose the top and bottom) or you have to stretch it (which makes everyone fat).

If you really want to persue either of these, you should set your project properties to a widescreen format (use one of the Widescreen Templates) and use a widescreen format when you render.
    Tim